This summer, join the fun in my Aiming for Accuracy quilt-along. This quilt is an original design by me, Michele Foster. The quilt finishes at 58″ x 82″ and contains 30 blocks and a few single units. However, no need to be overwhelmed, as the most complicated unit is quarter square triangles. The entire quilt is pieced, no paper piecing, no y-seams and no partial seams.
This is an advanced beginner quilt. Skills needed include the ability to accurately sew a 1/4″ seam allowance and accurate cutting so that the puzzle-like design will fit together correctly. I will be providing step-by-step photo instructions for each lesson and tips along the way too.
The first official lesson will be June 27th, but two other posts are planned as indicated in the schedule below. You’ll need these two pre-lessons too. Ideally, you should have your fabric ready to go for June 20th.
You can join the quilt-along at any time. The lessons will remain available on this site, for free, until the end of October 2013. A booklet in PDF format containing the tips and lessons will be available at the end of the quilt-along for purchase for a small fee.
The fabric I’m using for this QAL is Pat Sloan’s upcoming line Bobbins & Bits. I’m just in love with the batiks for this line. The fabric will be available later this summer, be sure to ask your favourite local retailer to order it now. See the Fabric Requirements post for photos.
HST – Half-square triangle
QST – Quarter-square triangle
SQST – Split quarter-square triangle
WOF – width of fabric, i.e. from selvage to selvage
- Fabric Requirements
- Sponsors and Prizes – updated October 8/13
- Colour Charts – updated June 17/13
- Join and Share: Flickr Group | Facebook Group
- Follow: Quilting Gallery’s Weekly Newsletter | Blog Post Updates | Facebook Page | Pinterest Board – Pat Sloan’s Blog | Facebook Page
- Featured Fabric: Bobbins & Bits by Pat Sloan.
Get notified when it’s available from the Fat Quarter Shop.
- Photos of my 1930s Version: In Progress | Final Top
- Tutorial: Half-Square Triangles (HST)
- Tutorial: Quarter-Square Triangles (QST)
- Tutorial: Split Quarter-Square Triangles (SQST)
Aiming for Accuracy Quilt-Along Logos
Please share the quilt-along logos on your own blog. The more participants, the more fun for everyone!