A4AQAL: 1930s Top Done

I finally finished the top of the 1930s version of the Aiming for Accuracy quilt. Trying to get decent photos in my apartment is very difficult.

Attaching borders

Attaching borders

Night photo

Night photo

Day photo

Day photo

I’m hoping to finish the quilt-along version tomorrow, at least the main sections and work on the borders during the week.

Are you sewing this long weekend? I’m also working on pieced borders for two other quilts. Will share them soon!

more-pretties

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someoneShare on StumbleUpon

Stay in touch ... Join my NEWSLETTER:

This post was published on September 1st, 2013. Post topics: Free Projects, My Quilting Journey, The Learning Center. Post tags: , .

12 Responses to “A4AQAL: 1930s Top Done”

1. Celine says:

I like your colors. Very nice! Mine is in progress. Will have pictures later.

2. Missy says:

Your quilt looks great and I love the colors you chose!

3. Fiona says:

so very pretty in those colours…
    Hugz

4. Gale says:

Very soft and pretty. I am glad I chose to use muslin for my background.

5. Sue Jennings says:

Absolutely beautiful! I love 1930 repro fabrics and your choice of colours works wonderfully well. I have a stash of these fabrics…but cannot bear to cut into them just yet. I’m just like Gollum in the Hobbit…looking at ‘my precious’.

6. Catherine says:

I love the colour. It is very pretty.

catherineparkinson.blogspot.com

7. True confession – I am not a fan of 30s fabrics.

But HOLY GORGEOUSNESS! This quilt is stunning!

8. Someday, when I don’t have a dog, I’ll have a quilt with white sashings. Not that I don’t enjoy my dog, but he is like an eternal two-year-old with a fist full of chocolate chip cookies. KWIM?

9. Patty Arnaud says:

I believe this is the prettiest quilt I have ever seen done in the 1930’s fabrics! I LOVE IT!!! and I am not a 1930’s fan either, usually go for the earth and jewel tones, but this one, I would really enjoy making. Makes a person feel happy inside just looking at it!

10. Carissa says:

That looks absolutely stunning!!! :D

11. […] the 1930s version of this quilt, I have chosen to first stitch in the ditch all sashing and main block pieces. This […]

Comments are now closed for this blog post.
Need help? Contact me!