Block 3 of our Celebrate Christmas Quilt-Along is This Little Light of Mine by Melissa Stramel. It’s a pieced block with a super adorable embroidery design in the centre. Today’s Super Deal is from CleverQuilter.com and features McKenna Ryan’s All Cooped Up fabric kits and Which Came First? wall hanging kit.
How does the quilt-along work? Over the next 12 weeks, 36 fabulously talented designers will be making 12″ blocks that you can make. You can pick and choose which blocks you want to make. Sash them, add borders, baste it, quilt it, and have it ready to give-away or keep for yourself this Christmas. Or you might want to use some of the blocks for a mini quilt, a table runner, bags, whatever you like.
Super Deal from CleverQuilter.com
Fun, fast and fusible – beautiful quilt projects anyone can make! CleverQuilter.com is your on-line art quilt boutique. Set aside a few hours and create something beautiful today!
Today’s Super Deal:
All Cooped Up fabric kits $10.50/block – that’s 30% off – Lovely fall colors to make *you* crow! Perfect for an afternoon project. Roosters are always lovely as wall hangings, table runners or on pillows. Special includes Which Came First? wall hanging kit and All Cooped Up Fabric Kit for Quilt Kit – Finishing Kit Only. Fabric kits only for blocks. We have patterns available for purchase. Special disappears midnight Sept. 21st – hurry: get yours today!
Get your Super Deal Savings here!
Featured Designer: Melissa Stramel
What is your quilting style?
I am a really, really scrappy quilter. I can’t get myself to throw anything out down to about 1″. I know. I have LOTS of scraps. This one that’s in McCalls Quick Quilts (current issue) is actually pretty tame for me!
How did you get started quilting and/or designing?
I started quilting when I was little, maybe ten years old. 4-H was a big part of that! My mom encouraged me. I have always been a really scrappy quilter but I didn’t start designing until after my kids were born.
Do you have a favourite quilt?
I made this quilt over a time of about two years, from scraps left over from dresses I made my girls. It’s called Road to Redemption.
Quick and fun questions:
- Favourite colour: currently pink, but it changes daily.
- What part of the quilting process do you like the most? I love the idea gathering stage. I know that’s just the beginning, but I really enjoy the fresh start, choosing fabrics, playing. I like all of quilting, but that is truly my favorite.
- What part of the quilting process do you dislike the most? Adding borders is not ESPECIALLY my favorite.
- Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, or: chocolate but sometimes vanilla
- Favourite super hero or comic book character: Snoopy
- Most exciting place you’ve travelled: Italy and Greece
- Favourite quote or mantra: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
Block 3 – This Little Light of Mine
Here’s Melissa’s block This Little Light of Mine. Isn’t it adorable? Head over to Melissa’s blog to view the photo tutorial and to download the embroidery pattern for the centre block.
Close up of the embroidery centre:
If, like me, you’re a little intimidated by this block, don’t be. Melissa’s done a fabulous job creating the photo tutorial and shares several tips and tricks on how to put the block together.
Share Your Photos
Upload your completed blocks to our Flickr group for a chance to win some adorable buttons from Button Mad – Incomparable Buttons. One winner for each of our quilt-along blocks will be randomly chosen. You have two weeks to complete Melissa’s This Little Light of Mine block to be eligible to win. You don’t need to complete the embroidery in the centre to enter.
Please share the Quilt-Along graphic on your own blog. The more participants, the more FUN!