Super Deals from Shabby Fabrics
Shabby Fabrics is an online quilt shop specializing in beautiful fabrics, quilt kits, patterns, and Block of the Month programs. They are also a pattern design company and currently have over 40 designs in print.
Today’s Super Deal:
The Super Deal this week is 30% Off all Lost & Found fabrics. To redeem, enter the coupon code LOSTFOUND30 on the View Cart page. Coupon expires Friday, November 11, 2011.
Get your Super Deal savings here!
Featured Designer: Melissa Corry
What is your quilting style?
I don’t know if I have a quilting style, per se. I like all kinds of quilting. Sometimes my quilts look more traditional, and sometimes they look more modern. I just find something that inspires me and go from there.
How did you get started quilting and/or designing?
Before my husband and I left our home of Utah for medical school I asked my mother to teach me to quilt. I figured I was about to have some lonely evenings on my hand and needed some hobbies. I began slowly and enjoyed being able to create adorable baby blankets for friends. In 2010 I discovered the on-line quilting world and I have not looked back.
Do you have a favourite quilt?
I wouldn’t say I have a favourite. I love each one of my quilts and each for different reasons. One that I am particularly proud of right now is my Summer Breeze quilt. This was my first (and to date, only) pattern and it was quite a process to learn to write that way.
Quick and fun questions:
- Favourite colour: Pink (mostly because I love the color combos you can do with pink. I love pink and green, pink and brown, pink and black, etc.)
- What part of the quilting process do you like the most? I really enjoy all the different aspects. It is to hard to pick a favourite.
- What part of the quilting process do you dislike the most? I don’t like binding as much but I refuse to do it by hand and so machine binding is tolerable to me.
- Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, or: Yes please.
- Favourite super hero or comic book character: I like Hawk Girl from the Justice League
- Most exciting place you’ve travelled: British Colombia, beautiful!!!
- Favourite quote or mantra: Just Keep Swimming. (My husband and I say this when everything is going bonkers at our house, it is our little joke to keep calm, and just keep on .)
Block 24 – Melissa’s The Christmas Star
Here’s Melissa’s The Christmas Star block. I simply adore the gold thread she added to highlight the star shape. Head over to Melissa’s blog for the excellent photo tutorial she created on putting together her block.
Share Your Photos
Upload your completed blocks to our Flickr group for a chance to win some adorable buttons from Button Mad – Incomparable Buttons. One winner for each of our quilt-along blocks will be randomly chosen. You have two weeks to complete Melissa’s The Christmas Star block to be eligible to win.
Please share the Quilt-Along graphic on your own blog. The more participants, the more FUN!