Super Deal from Fort Worth Fabric Studio
Fort Worth Fabric Studio is an online quilt store full of fabulous fabrics, bundles, kits, and patterns! You can expect great customer service with special attention to your order. Nearly always, next day shipping and many times, same day shipping! We promise you "online service with a smile."
We are home of the Friday Bundle Batch, an assortment of fabrics that are hand-selected to perfectly complement each other! Check for a new Bundle each Friday!
Today’s Super Deal:
40% OFF all Believe Batiks, by Laundry Basket Quilts for Moda. No special code is required. The discount applies to all Believe Batiks yardage, bundles, and patterns! SALE runs until November 1 at midnight, CST.
Get your Super Deal Savings here!
Featured Designer: Thearica Burroughs
What is your quilting style?
Although I have been a traditional quilter since I began quilting, I have began to explore the world of contemporary to modern quilts and one type of art quilts known as crazy quilts. I also enjoy taking clothing and making memory quilts from them.
How did you get started quilting and/or designing?
I tell everyone that I grew up playing under a quilting frame because my Granny Ida lived with us and always had a quilt on the frame! There were 3 of us girls and I am the one who took to quilting. My Granny Ella lived next door and she taught me to sew 9-patch blocks together by hand at the age of 8. For 11 years those blocks sat in a drawer and when I turned 19 she helped me sash them together and then she and I, along with my granddaddy, aunt, uncle and sister, quilted the quilt. I have not looked back!
Do you have a favourite quilt?
My first quilt is my favorite quilt because it tells the story of how I got into quilting. Although every stitch in that quilt is special, my granddaddy’s stitches are the most special to me! My dad was killed when I was 9 and my granddaddy became both granddaddy and daddy to me for the rest of his life. It was like losing double the day he passed away. I cherish all of my memories about that man! When we spent the summers on granddaddy’s farm, he would come in to our bedroom early in the morning and reach under the covers at the foot of the bed and grab our toes and say “Wee, wee, wee..get up little piggies”. Hence, my business name is Cover Your Little Piggies Quilting Studio.
Quick and fun questions:
- Favourite colour: Cranberry Red and Ryegrass
- What part of the quilting process do you like the most? As far as my quilting business goes, I love taking the time to decide on the quilting design. And with my crazy quilting the one thing I love the most is the freeness I feel as the design spills out of my head on to cloth.
And one more favorite part of the quilting process — RIBBONS!
- What part of the quilting process do you dislike the most? I really hate to bind!! I charge an extortion fee for binding just to dissuade my customers from asking me to do it.
- Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, or: Chocolate of course!
- Favourite super hero or comic book character: Comic Book – Scooby Doo!!
- Most exciting place you’ve travelled: Although I would not call it exciting because of the poverty in a lot of places, the most eye opening trip I have ever taken was driving 14 hours down in to Mexico to Nayarit! YES! We drove in our truck! It only takes one trip like this to make you aware of just how blessed the USA truly is!
- Favourite quote or mantra: It isn’t mine but it is the one I live by and it comes from my Granny Ida – “If it ain’t worth doing right, then it ain’t worth doing a’tal!”
Block 20 – Jingle Bell Flower
Here’s Thearica’s Jingle Bell Flower block. Head over to Thearica’s blog to download the pattern and view the excellent tutorial she put together. She’s also hosting a give-away too.
Share Your Photos
Upload your completed blocks to our Flickr group for a chance to win some adorable buttons from Button Mad – Incomparable Buttons. One winner for each of our quilt-along blocks will be randomly chosen. You have two weeks to complete Thearica’s Jingle Bell Flower block to be eligible to win.
Please share the Quilt-Along graphic on your own blog. The more participants, the more FUN!