Grab yourself a cup of coffee and browse the Birds & Insects Quilts for this week’s themed quilt contest. I think we’ll all have a difficult time picking just one favourite.
Our sponsor for this week is Saral Paper Corp. You might remember them from my earlier product review when I tested their wax-free transfer paper to see how easy it was to use on fabric, if it smudged while handling, would it still come off the fabric if heat set. I am very impressed with how well it works and have been using it to mark my background fabrics for applique placement.
The top three quilters with the most votes will each win prizes from this week’s sponsor.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourite!
- Voting is open Friday – Sunday @ 11:59 p.m.
- One vote per IP address (NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday!
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a circular button** beside each one. Select the button for the quilt you want to vote for.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Then press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the circular buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
Birds and Insects
- Water birds (16%, 107 Votes)
- Dragonfly (10%, 67 Votes)
- Alone among us (10%, 67 Votes)
- Grandpa's Hollyhocks (10%, 66 Votes)
- Caterpillar (8%, 55 Votes)
- A Butterfly Quilt (8%, 51 Votes)
- British Birdfair (8%, 49 Votes)
- MOMS BACKYARD (6%, 36 Votes)
- Chickens on the Farm (5%, 35 Votes)
- Lazy Afternoon (4%, 28 Votes)
- The Audition (3%, 18 Votes)
- Ladybugs and Zebras (2%, 15 Votes)
- Dragonfly Garden (2%, 14 Votes)
- Tulips and Hummingbirds (2%, 10 Votes)
- A Bugs Life (1%, 9 Votes)
- Teal Dragonfly (1%, 9 Votes)
- my winged beauties (1%, 7 Votes)
- Aviary Friends (1%, 5 Votes)
- Waiting for Spring (0%, 3 Votes)
- Crow Time (0%, 1 Votes)
- Love bugs (0%, 1 Votes)
- Grasshoppers Spiders and Bees Oh My (2%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 653
Facebook, email subscribers and RSS readers: You need to visit the Quilting Gallery blog to vote: CLICK HERE
Next Week’s Contest
The theme for next week’s quilt contest is Wildlife, etc.. This does not include birds or insects, but it does include domestic animals. Get your cameras out and Submit your Quilt Photo.