Grab yourself a pencil and some paper as it’s voting time for this week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event. The theme is Halloween FUN Quilts.
Give-Away from Mishka’s Playground
Mishka’s Playground is my own quilting design web site. I’ve created the new site to showcase my own quilting designs and tutorials.
Today, I’m thrilled to announce the release of the Aiming for Accuracy Booklet. Plus, I’m giving away four copies too.
This booklet is 104 pages and contains:
- 17 comprehensive lessons, with full colour photos, to complete the quilt top.
- Recommended products and tips for improving quilting accuracy.
- Tutorials for creating half-square, quarter-square and split quarter-square triangles.
- Finishing up ideas including choosing batting, basting, quilting and binding.
- Blank colour charts to assist in planning the quilt.
- Links to various tutorials, resources and videos for further information.
The file is available as an instant download in PDF format. View the Table of Contents [PDF file].
Below are snapshots showing the wide variety of fabrics and colourways that can be used to make the Aiming for Accuracy quilt. Plus see more than 100 completed quilt tops for even more variety or join us in the Facebook Group.
For more info and to purchase, visit: Aiming for Accuracy Booklet.
I will be giving away four copies of the Booklet. The top two quilters with the most community votes and guest judge points will win as well as two people that leave a comment below. Don’t worry, if you purchase the booklet, I’ll refund you the full price should you win the give-away.
To enter the give-away: Leave a comment below answering “What colourway or fabric style/type would you use for the Aiming for Accuracy quilt?. You have until Monday, November 4th, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. to enter.
This Week’s Quilts
Here are this week’s Halloween FUN Quilts:
Please note: if you are viewing this post via email or your RSS reader, you’ll need to click through to the blog post to see the quilts and vote.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to Monday, November 4th, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced next week
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to FOUR favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
Halloween Fun Quilts
- Witches in Stitches Boo-tique (26%, 123 Votes)
- Ghostly Parade (21%, 98 Votes)
- Haunted House (Margaret Weisman) (14%, 66 Votes)
- batty bats (14%, 63 Votes)
- Halloween is all around... (9%, 43 Votes)
- Velcome The Vampire Mystat (9%, 43 Votes)
- The witch is in (8%, 38 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pillow (8%, 37 Votes)
- Pumpkin Time (8%, 35 Votes)
- Happy Halloween (wheelestater) (7%, 34 Votes)
- Festive Fall Finish (6%, 28 Votes)
- Halloween Kitty (6%, 28 Votes)
- The Grim Ripper (6%, 28 Votes)
- Halloween Madness (6%, 27 Votes)
- Self-Portrait On A Bad Hair Day! (5%, 25 Votes)
- Harvest Moon (5%, 24 Votes)
- Cat Magic (5%, 22 Votes)
- Jacks be Quick (4%, 19 Votes)
- The Ghastlies (4%, 18 Votes)
- All Hallows Eve (4%, 18 Votes)
- Happy Halloween (Claudia Hager) (3%, 15 Votes)
- Halloween Fun (2%, 11 Votes)
- Smiley Pumpkins (2%, 10 Votes)
- Simply Spooky (2%, 10 Votes)
- Halloween Jelly Quilt (2%, 9 Votes)
- Spoooky Baby Quilt (2%, 9 Votes)
- Spooky Night (2%, 8 Votes)
- Haunted House (silladie) (2%, 8 Votes)
- HALLOWEEN (2%, 8 Votes)
- Hallo Halloween (1%, 6 Votes)
- Haunted Halloween (1%, 4 Votes)
- Halloween table runner (1%, 3 Votes)
- Halloween D9P (1%, 3 Votes)
- Halloween Party (0%, 2 Votes)
- Halloween Quilt (0%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 465
Next Week’s Show & Tell
The theme for next week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell is Quilting Close-up. For this theme, I want to see the actual quilting. Depending on your design, you might need to take an angled photo to see the actual quilting. Please don’t submit a quilt you’ve already entered in the past… let’s see something different!
Read the Guidelines and submit your photo before Friday, November 8th, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).
There are no more sponsorship opportunities left for 2013. The themes and dates for 2014 will be available in December.