It’s voting time for our Beginner’s Quilt-Along quilts. I must say, I am so proud of everyone that participated in the QAL. I know for many of you, this really is your first quilt and you all did a fantastic job.
The voting for this contest is just for fun, to share your first quilts and so that I didn’t have to be responsible for awarding the fantastic grand prizes. What a difficult decision that would be! For this contest, only the quilt top needs to be completed. I notice that a few decided they didn’t want the borders or they changed them. That’s perfectly fine.
I have 14 prizes to give-away. The person with the most votes will get to choose what prize they would like first, then the second person, etc. Even if you’ve submitted two quilt tops, you can only win once.
Many thanks to our sponsors you have donated the prizes below and to those that donated the weekly prizes too.
Alex from Aurifil has kindly donated 4 packages of neutral 50wt threads. Each package contains 4 spools with 1,422 yards. This is my preferred thread for piecing, appliqué, hand stitching and dense quilting.
In recent years, Leah Day has done more for the quilting industry than anyone I know. She has a wonderful site, The Free Motion Quilting Project, where she took it upon herself to design and teach how to sew more than 365 free motion quilting designs. She has kindly donated a downloadable ebook copy of all the designs.
Pat Sloan has donated this lovely gift set including a honeybun, charm pack and Aurifil thread sampler pack:
One of my favourite teachers is Patsy Thompson who has taught me so much about free motion quilting. She has donated a copy of her fantastic video, Fast and Free Volume 0.5. Please note: winner pays shipping for this prize.
Our friends at Fort Worth Fabric Studio have donated a $25 gift certificate for use in their online store.
June Tailor has donated two grand prizes:
Our friends at Simplicity have donated two of each of these rulers:
You can click the ruler photos to get a better look at them. I really like the easy to read lines on these rulers.
Vote for your Favourites
Voting will close Tuesday, October 9th at 8 a.m. (EDT). It may take a few days to award all the prizes, so please be patient as I contact each of the winners to figure out what they want, then move on to the next person who won.
One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address). The same rules for the weekly quilt contests apply. While I encourage you to invite your family and friends to vote for your quilt, please don’t post on a web forum or mass mailing list asking for votes. That will disqualify you.
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to FOUR favourites.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
- Yellow all over... (21%, 179 Votes)
- Porch Quilt (18%, 152 Votes)
- The Rose (16%, 132 Votes)
- Beginners Quilt Along (Fall is Here) (12%, 104 Votes)
- stormy skies (12%, 100 Votes)
- You are my first. (8%, 67 Votes)
- Jodi's sampler (8%, 66 Votes)
- Summer Fun (7%, 62 Votes)
- Jen's Living Room Quilt (7%, 61 Votes)
- VickiT's Calypso Swing Love (6%, 52 Votes)
- Quilt of Many Colors (6%, 51 Votes)
- Crazy Quilt (6%, 50 Votes)
- Fruit of the Vine (5%, 43 Votes)
- My First Quilt (5%, 41 Votes)
- Cardinals For Christmas (5%, 41 Votes)
- Triangles Galore (4%, 37 Votes)
- Stacey's 30's (4%, 35 Votes)
- Strawberry Fields (4%, 34 Votes)
- I Spy Blocks (4%, 34 Votes)
- Miya's Quilt (3%, 23 Votes)
- BQA Quilt Warm (3%, 22 Votes)
- colour splash (3%, 22 Votes)
- Gylls Asian (2%, 20 Votes)
- spiritweaver's top 12! (2%, 18 Votes)
- BQA Quilt Bright (2%, 17 Votes)
- Blue & Pink Quilt (2%, 14 Votes)
- Souvenirs d'été d'enfance (1%, 12 Votes)
- Patterns in Pastel (1%, 11 Votes)
- Quilt for my sister Inlaw (1%, 7 Votes)
- Kerri's first ever quilt along (1%, 7 Votes)
- MoeWest's First QAL (1%, 6 Votes)
- This summer 2012 (0%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 848