It’s voting time for this week’s Row Quilts contest. We have a small group of beautiful quilts for you to enjoy. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for TWO favourites this weekend.
Our friends from the Fat Quarter Shop are back as this week’s sponsor and they’ve donated a $25 gift certificate for the winner.
If you’ve entered a quilt in the contest, be sure to read the updated rules and guidelines page on inviting others to vote for your quilt.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Monday, September 17th at 8 a.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt ***
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to TWO favourites this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP addresses are very common in home or work networks.
- Total submissions: 8
- Total countries: 3
- Total provinces: 1
- Total states: 6
You can click on the photo to view a larger version.
|Beach Cottages (not quilted or bound, not eligible to win)
By: Ms MoomMist,
Blog: Funky Stamping Time
Foundation Paper Piece from a pattern by “Piece by Number”. I have a huge stash of bright color fat quarters that I had purchased while I was convalescing from cancer surgery and now was the time to use some of it and this was the perfect quilt with the perfect technique.
Quilt size: width: 57" height: 67"
|Camping Row quilt
By: Amy Kendrick,
South Carolina, USA
Blog: The Son Rises
This is a qiult I made for my pop-up camper. All the fabrics represent nature or camping in some way.
Quilt size: width: 66" height: 88"
By: Vicki @ Quilting Lodge,
Blog: Quilting Lodge
I had a Salt Air charm pack and needed a pattern so I decided to make my own. It was very simple to put together and I really love how it turned out. I quilted it with straight lines because I thought it would compliment the rows of blocks.
Quilt size: width: 53" height: 58"
By: Katie Wiseman,
West Virginia, USA
Blog: Katie’s Quilts and Crafts
Christmas Row-by-row pattern by Sindy of FatCatPatterns.com – I did this using QAYG method and raw-edge fusible applique with a buttonhole stitch! ;c)
Quilt size: width: 50" height: 70"
|Country, village, town
By: Marjo B-W,
Blog: MBWquilts en andere stofzaken
Three rows of urban civilisation, made with Japanese fabrics and German linen. Made all by hand, including the quilting. Inspiration found in a book by Yoko Saito.
Quilt size: width: 28" height: 33"
|I Love Christmas
By: Pam Gwillim,
Made 2000, this quilt was a QOM offered by JoAnn Fabrics. I waited until I had all the blocks then sewed like mad to have it done in time to go on our bed for Christmas. I loved adding the appliqued bow on the holly. Holly panto quilted by Laurie Smith. This remains the favorite quilt I have created
Quilt size: width: 84" height: 98"
|In the woods
By: Ginette Vallieres,
Blog: The Quilting Princess
At least 8 years ago, maybe more, my quilt group did a Row Robin. This is my final quilt. It is mostly pieced, with some paper piecing in the trees and I did some hand applique in the first row. It was one of my favorite projects! Machine Quilting by Alice Chancey.
Quilt size: width: 49" height: 74"
By: Betsy Lynn,
This is a quilt I made for QG Good Ol’ Summertime Mini Quilt Swap. I had a lot of fun designing this one. I used 30’s reproduction fabrics(my fave), so I really enjoyed the whole process. It went to Bradie Sparrow in Canada, she said it was perfect for her.
Quilt size: width: 16" height: 20"
- Country, village, town (49%, 177 Votes)
- Country Christmas (31%, 111 Votes)
- Charming Chains (20%, 70 Votes)
- I Love Christmas (16%, 59 Votes)
- In the woods (15%, 54 Votes)
- Beach Cottages (not quilted or bound, not eligible to win) (15%, 53 Votes)
- Camping Row quilt (9%, 34 Votes)
- Summer Mini (6%, 20 Votes)
Total Voters: 358
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s quilt contest is Fall’s Glory. You are free to interpret this theme as you like. It can be represented in the actual design or the colours you’ve chosen. You can submit quilts, wall hangings, table toppers, etc. made with any technique (pieced, appliqué, embroidery) as long as the item you enter is completely finished (i.e. bound and quilted).
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your photo by next Friday, September 21, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, September 24, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).