It’s voting time!! The theme for this week’s contest is Quilted Pillows and WOW do we ever have some gorgeous pillows for you to see. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for FIVE quilted pillows this weekend.
Valerie from Pastimes Online is back as this week’s sponsor. She’s giving away the first two issues of Vignette for this week’s winner. Also, check out the quick tutorial for a pillow she made using Dupioni silks. It’s simply gorgeous!
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday â€“ Sunday @ 11:59 p.m.
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday!
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to FIVE pillows this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
- Bloom Where You Are Planted (29%, 160 Votes)
- Gabby's First Pillow (20%, 111 Votes)
- Kaleidoscope Pillow (19%, 107 Votes)
- Cathedral Window Pillow (16%, 91 Votes)
- Mod Mosaic Pillow (15%, 86 Votes)
- All About Selvages (15%, 84 Votes)
- My Cat Pillow (13%, 71 Votes)
- Marissa's Moment Pillow Sham (11%, 61 Votes)
- Water Lily (9%, 48 Votes)
- Embroidered Christmas Wreath Pillows (8%, 45 Votes)
- Donna's Christmas Pillow (8%, 43 Votes)
- Friends (7%, 41 Votes)
- One Heart Reading Pillow (7%, 39 Votes)
- Take Time (7%, 37 Votes)
- Duck hunting (5%, 30 Votes)
- Dresden Plate Pillow (5%, 29 Votes)
- Miniature Doll Pillows in 1:12 ratio (5%, 27 Votes)
- Blue wholecloth pillow (5%, 27 Votes)
- Garden Romance Pillow (4%, 22 Votes)
- Swimming Dolphins (4%, 21 Votes)
- I <3 U (4%, 20 Votes)
- Quilted Pillows (3%, 19 Votes)
- Roosters (3%, 17 Votes)
- Mariner's Star Pillow (3%, 15 Votes)
- Rennie's Rose (3%, 14 Votes)
- updating an old fav (2%, 12 Votes)
- Winter Flakes (2%, 12 Votes)
- Yo Yo Pillow (2%, 11 Votes)
- America America (2%, 9 Votes)
- Upcycled Love (1%, 8 Votes)
- Bird of Paradise Pillow (1%, 7 Votes)
- Spring Tulips (1%, 6 Votes)
- Charm Pack Pillows (1%, 5 Votes)
- From Bobby (Flip and Stitch Tech) (1%, 5 Votes)
- Elissa's Pillow (1%, 4 Votes)
- Fabricadabra Ruffled Pillow (1%, 3 Votes)
- Fall Lake Pillow (1%, 3 Votes)
- Gerry's cushion (1%, 3 Votes)
- Garden Path Pillow (1%, 3 Votes)
- NY beauty scrappy pillow (1%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 557
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s contest is Scrappy Triangles. Your quilt does not have to be made up of only triangles, but triangles should play a major role in the design. Get your cameras out!
Weekly Quilt Contest Links
The Learning Center
In The Learning Center this week, we wrap up the Studio Organization Series with a post from Pat Sloan on tips for thread storage and a few reader questions. We also invite you to share your “After” or “In Progress” studio organization photos. We have lots of great prizes to give-away.
For the month of March, the topic will be Quilting: Back to Basics. Pat kicks off the series with the first post on Quilting Terminology that is chock full of useful information.
Important Notice: Google Reader will cease to exist on July 1, 2013. According to my stats, this will impact 75% of the readers that follow my blog via RSS. That's significant. Please consider using one of the alternatives I have suggested. I'd hate to lose you.