It’s time to get the party started… our Celebrate Christmas Quilt-Along party that is. Our first featured designer is a dear friend and mentor of mine, Pat Sloan. Our friends at the Fat Quarter Shop have a fabulous 50% off Super Deal for you too.
How does this work? Over the next 12 weeks, 36 fabulously talented designers will be making 12″ blocks that you can make. You can pick and choose which blocks you want to make. Sash them, add borders, baste it, quilt it, and have it ready to give-away or keep for yourself this Christmas. Or you might want to use some of the blocks for a mini quilt, a table runner, bags, whatever you like.
Make new quilting friends, meet our featured designers, take advantage of our Super Deal bargains, and most of all just have some fun!
Super Deal from the Fat Quarter Shop
Fat Quarter Shop is the online quilt store with the best and widest selection of yardage, fat quarter bundles, specialty cuts, quilt kits and patterns. We also offer access to many wonderful quilt clubs, block-of-the-month programs and exclusive projects.
Most of all, we pride ourselves in our top-notch customer service, with friendly, knowledgeable representatives and speedy same-day shipping. Our user-friendly web site makes it easy to find the collection, designer and even the theme you are seeking. Fat Quarter Shop has all you need for your next project, so start shopping with us today!
Today’s Super Deal:
50% OFF Let it Snow by Kim Martin for RJR Fabrics. Enter code LETITSNOW at checkout. Expires Monday, September 19th @ midnight CST.
Get your Super Deal Savings here!
Featured Designer: Pat Sloan
What is your quilting style?
I feel my style is best described is fresh folk art. I love to applique with big shapes, often asymmetrical and use lighter colors in my work.
How did you get started quilting and/or designing?
Do you have a favourite quilt?
My Walk in the Moonlight is one of my all time favorite quilts (it is in my learn to applique book).
Quick and fun questions:
- Favourite colour: My first favorite color is yellow. My current favorite is Aqua.. and I always love a great red and white polka dot!
- What part of the quilting process do you like the most? Oh my.. I actually like everything.
- What part of the quilting process do you dislike the most? It used to be making the binding. As I made it when I needed it and would drag my feet to the finish line. Now I make the binding when the top is done so when I’m ready to bind I can just do it!
- Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, or: Mocha!
- Favourite super hero or comic book character: I fell in love with smurfs while living in Belgium!
- Most exciting place you’ve travelled: I believe my quilters’ tour of China is right up there in the top 3. As well as my trip to Israel with my family when I was living in Europe… plus.. mmm any cruise I’m on!
- Favourite quote or mantra: If you’re not having Fun then change something!
Block 1 – Pat’s Red and White
Here’s Pat’s Red and White, Block 1 of our Quilt-Along. Isn’t it adorable? Head over to Pat’s blog to download the block tutorial.
Share Your Photos
Upload your completed blocks to our Flickr group for a chance to win some adorable buttons from Button Mad – Incomparable Buttons. One winner for each of our quilt-along blocks will be randomly chosen. You have two weeks to complete Pat’s Red and White block to be eligible to win.
Please share the Quilt-Along graphic on your own blog. The more participants, the more FUN!
Download Five FREE Quilt Block Tutorials:
Stay in touch ... Join my NEWSLETTER: