Grab yourself a cup of coffee or two and browse the gorgeous Fabric Postcards for this week’s themed quilt contest. I am totally amazed and inspired by all these beautiful creations. I know we’ll all have a difficult time picking just one favourite, so this week you can pick three favourites.
I’m thrilled to introduce you to a new sponsor this week, On the Grain Fabrics. They have generously donated 35 fat quarters to be split among three winners this week. They carry a gorgeous selection of modern fabrics in their online shop and this week everyone can enjoy a 15% discount by simply using the coupon code QGREADER15 at checkout when purchasing from onthegrain.etsy.com (coupon expires June 15, 2011).
Give-Away: When you’re done voting, scroll down to the bottom of this post for a give-way and links to tutorials to make a super cute strawberry pincushion and needlecase.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Sunday @ 11:59 p.m.
- One vote per IP address (NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday!
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the fabric postcards with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the postcards you want to vote for. You can select up to three fabric postcards this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Then press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
- Warm up your life (22%, 167 Votes)
- Purple Rain (18%, 137 Votes)
- JSH Postcard (11%, 84 Votes)
- An Egret (10%, 73 Votes)
- Willow Warblers - June (Country Diary Series) (8%, 61 Votes)
- Summer Sail (8%, 61 Votes)
- A Little Miniature (8%, 60 Votes)
- Grey Jay (7%, 52 Votes)
- Sunset 2 (6%, 48 Votes)
- van gogh (6%, 48 Votes)
- Gram's Lazy Daisies (6%, 45 Votes)
- The Raven (5%, 37 Votes)
- In the forest (5%, 36 Votes)
- Postcard From Michigan (5%, 35 Votes)
- Outback (5%, 35 Votes)
- Antarctica (4%, 33 Votes)
- Summer Promises (4%, 31 Votes)
- Through The Gate (4%, 29 Votes)
- Waterfall postcard (4%, 27 Votes)
- Relay for Life (3%, 23 Votes)
- Wash Day (3%, 23 Votes)
- Good Morning (3%, 22 Votes)
- Contrast (3%, 20 Votes)
- R is for Rose (3%, 19 Votes)
- "Greetings from El Paso" Postcard (2%, 15 Votes)
- Chicken Soup (1%, 11 Votes)
- Eté (1%, 7 Votes)
- Bluebird of happiness (1%, 6 Votes)
- Let the Butter's Fly (1%, 5 Votes)
- Happy Birthday (1%, 4 Votes)
- Fabric Postcard (0%, 3 Votes)
- postcard fun (0%, 1 Votes)
- kaart (0%, 1 Votes)
- Butterfly Girl (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 750
Facebook, email subscribers and RSS readers: You need to visit the Quilting Gallery blog to vote: CLICK HERE
Next Week’s Contest
The theme for next week’s quilt contest is Miniatures. This can be in quilt size or in design choice in a larger quilt. Get your cameras out and Submit your Quilt Photo.
This week’s guest blogger, Sandi Andersen shares with us her blogging and quilting journey. Sandi’s giving away a surprise package here and more birthday/blogiversary celebrations on her blog too. Click here to enter the give-away!