Stitch and Flip

I made my first stitch and flip quilt back in 1998/99. I immediately fell in love with the technique and have made, so far, three of these quilts. I kept the first one for myself (pictured), one went to my folks and another went overseas to England. I have tonnes of squares completed for a full sized bed quilt, to be completed one of these days.

mishka-flip-stitch-front.jpg

mishka-flip-stitch-back.jpg

mishka-flip-stitch-closeup.jpg

Posted: December 13th, 2007

Topics: My Quilting Journey, Quilt Gallery

Tags: , ,

8 Responses to “Stitch and Flip”

1. Pam says:

I was looking for the directions on how to cut and sew these squares. Can you help me with this?

Pam

2. Pam says:

this quilt is colorful and interesting. i would like to learn this technique

Hi Pam,

I’ll come up with a tutorial for the stitch and flip method I used for this quilt in a few weeks.

Thanks for the visit and comments.

Michele

4. alice says:

how do i received the pattern of stitch and flip…where can i oder the pattern shown on this site.

Hi Alice,

There is no pattern specifically for this quilt, however, check out Mary’s heart strings pattern.

Hope this helps,
    Michele

6. [...] lastly, my stitch and flip quilt was featured in the Spring issue of Canada’s Quilter’s Connection [...]

7. I love it! I have lots of leftover fabric pieces. I want to make one. Where can I get that pattern?

Hi Betty,

I’m sorry, but I don’t have instructions for this quilt, and there isn’t a pattern for it. I don’t have time right now to put together a tutorial. Maybe later in the Fall.

Check out these posts for some ideas though:

Cheers,