Grab yourself a pencil and some paper as it’s voting time for this week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event. The theme is Thanksgiving Quilts.
Our two guest judges will be announced next week. They’ll both have 100 bonus points to assign to up to four quilts.
Give-Away from Vicki Welsh Hand Dyed Fabrics
Oh how I love Thanksgiving! It has the 4 “F”s for a successful holiday: family, friends, food and football. It has the added bonus of not including the pressure of shopping for perfect gifts. I love making placemats and like to have some for every holiday. A few years ago I made these for Thanksgiving and published a free tutorial so you can make them too.
These placemats are fast and easy and would look great in any fabric or color palette. Here are a few other gradients that would make these placemats beautiful.
All of these fabrics are currently offered in my shop. In addition, Quilting Gallery readers can receive free shipping on US domestic orders over $40 with the coupon code QGFREESHIP. International customers can put the code in the comments section to receive $5 off orders over $40. Start shopping here!
You can keep up with everything happening in my shop by subscribing to my free newsletter. Five newsletter subscribers win free hand dyed fabric each month.
The winners from the Quilters’ Show & Tell submissions and the give-away below will each receive their choice of a Stash Pack from my shop. The quilter that wins will also receive a 2.5 yard package of Mistyfuse black fusible web.
Give-Away for everyone to enter:
To enter the give-away, visit Vicki’s shop and have a look at the beautiful gradients that she has available. Leave a comment below letting me know which colour combination is your favourite and what you would do with the fabric. You have until Monday, November 25th, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EST) to enter the give-away.
This Week’s Quilts
Here are this week’s Thanksgiving Quilts:
Please note: if you are viewing this post via email or your RSS reader, you’ll need to click through to the blog post to see the quilts and vote.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to Monday, September 9, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EST)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced late next week
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to THREE favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
- Pumpkins (41%, 115 Votes)
- Back to Nature (39%, 110 Votes)
- With all things give thanks (23%, 65 Votes)
- Scarecrows just love me! (23%, 64 Votes)
- Shades of Autumn Runner (17%, 47 Votes)
- Well Somebody Has To Do It (13%, 37 Votes)
- Tom the Turkey (13%, 37 Votes)
- Turkey Day in Holland (6%, 16 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Table Runner (6%, 16 Votes)
- Bonnet Girl's Thanksgiving (6%, 16 Votes)
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING (6%, 16 Votes)
- Thanksgiving pumpkin (5%, 13 Votes)
- talkin turkey (4%, 12 Votes)
- Crow on the Pumpkin (4%, 11 Votes)
- Zig Zag Thanksgiving table runner (3%, 9 Votes)
- Twice Blessed (3%, 8 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Blessings (3%, 8 Votes)
- Turkey Time (2%, 7 Votes)
- Thankgsgiving Runner (1%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 282
Next Week’s Show & Tell
The theme for next week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell is Star Quilts. Any quilting technique is welcome (paper pieced, appliqué, pieced, etc.). Unfinished quilts are welcome as well. Please don’t submit a quilt you’ve already entered in the past… let’s see something different!
To enter: Submit your photo before Friday, November 29th, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. (EST). If you are new here, please also read the Guidelines for additional information.
Blog Hop Party
Don’t miss our Giving Thanks – Quilters’ Blog Hop Party going on this weekend. More than 150 bloggers are giving away goodies for you.