Grab yourself a pencil and some paper as it’s voting time for this week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event. The theme is Fall’s Glory Quilts.
On The Trail Creations
Hi, I’m Beret from On The Trail Creations and I’m excited to be this week’s sponsor! I live in Alaska with my husband, three kids, 1 dog, a few chickens, and a bunny. I love living where I am surrounded by inspiration!
I have been sewing for a long time, but have only discovered art quilting in the last 6 years or so. I started making quilted greeting cards because they were a small project that I could try lots of different techniques on and finish quickly. I started selling them at bazaars, and they have really taken off. Now they are in several gift and quilt shops around Alaska, and I have downloadable patterns to make them on my web site.
I also teach free motion and art quilting classes at one of our local quilt shops. My greatest sewing related passions are learning new things and encouraging other people to learn new things too! I’m just getting going making patterns, I’ve had a little trouble finding time to work on them when I have to keep up with card production! I would also like to do more wall quilts, but again, time is the issue…. Maybe when my three teenage homeschooled kids grow up, although they are helpful too!
I do have a new pattern to launch this weekend, which I am excited about! It’s been brewing in my head in several forms for over 20 years, so I’m happy to see it get to this point! It is called "Winter Chickadees" and is a pattern for a quilted menu planner.
BONUS: In honor of "pattern launching weekend", I am offering a free card pattern of your choice to anyone who purchases this pattern, details on my site. Also, I am hosting a "Facebook like" contest; anyone who likes my Facebook page between now and Monday will be entered in a drawing for a finished card like the one being given away in the Quilter’s Show and Tell contest.
This week’s winners will each receive one finished quilted greeting card and one pattern to make their own. The top quilter with the most votes (community votes plus guest judge points) and someone leaving a comment below will both win.
To enter the give-away: Check out Beret’s gorgeous patterns and leave a comment below letting me know which one is your favourite. You have until Monday, October 7, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. to enter.
This Week’s Quilts
Here are this week’s Fall’s Glory Quilts:
Please note: if you are viewing this post via email or your RSS reader, you’ll need to click through to the blog post to see the quilts and vote.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to Monday, October 7, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced next week
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to THREE favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
Fall's Glory Quilts
- It Could be Autumn (39%, 208 Votes)
- Red Maple (23%, 123 Votes)
- Autumn Aspens (20%, 106 Votes)
- Fall Splender, Edyta Sitar's Pattern (17%, 92 Votes)
- Autumn's Bounty (13%, 70 Votes)
- Moon Over the Mountains (13%, 68 Votes)
- Tumbling Leaves Table Runner (10%, 54 Votes)
- My old friend (9%, 47 Votes)
- Anticipating Autumn (8%, 44 Votes)
- Autumn Splendor (7%, 39 Votes)
- Better Late (than Never) (7%, 39 Votes)
- Pumpkin Seeds (7%, 35 Votes)
- Autumn Winds (6%, 34 Votes)
- Mr. Turk (6%, 31 Votes)
- Autumn Delight (6%, 30 Votes)
- Autumn's A'whirl (6%, 30 Votes)
- Falling Leaves (5%, 28 Votes)
- Autumn Wall Hanging (5%, 26 Votes)
- Autumn Thankfulness (4%, 23 Votes)
- I'm coming for dinner (4%, 22 Votes)
- Sonnenuntergang / sunset (3%, 18 Votes)
- Fall Leaves Collection (3%, 17 Votes)
- Flying geese at sunset (2%, 12 Votes)
- Sunsets and Blue Skies (2%, 12 Votes)
- AUTUMN LEAVES (1%, 6 Votes)
- Friendship in CO (1%, 5 Votes)
- Stars & Stripes (1%, 4 Votes)
- Baby Rattler Quilt (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 528
Next Week’s Show & Tell
The theme for next week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell is Modern Geometric (Solids). I’ll leave the interpretation of this theme up to you. Unfinished quilt tops are welcome as well. Please don’t submit a quilt you’ve already entered in the past… let’s see something different!
Read the Guidelines and submit your photo before Friday, October 11th, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).
- Oct. 7 – Modern Geometric (Solids) – Next week!
- Oct. 28 – Halloween Fun
- Nov. 4 – Quilting Close-Up
- Nov. 25 – Stars