First of all, my apologies for the delay in getting this week’s Show & Tell posted. I’ve been caught up in a client emergency all day. I have extended this week’s give-away and voting until midnight next Monday.
Grab yourself a pencil and some paper as it’s voting time for this week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event. The theme is Just Table Runners. There are 38 gorgeous table runners to inspire you.
This week’s guest judge is Karen from Faeries and Fibres. She’ll have 100 bonus points to assign to up to four quilts.
Give-Away from Mishka’s Playground
Mishka’s Playground is my own quilting design web site. It’s currently under construction but will hopefully be updated in the next few weeks. I’ve created the new site to showcase my own quilting designs and tutorials. While I love the community of this site, I often feel that my own work gets a bit lost here.
I am super excited to announce the release of my new table runner pattern, Pathways. It is super easy and quick to complete. In the pattern I’ve included detailed diagrams for cutting, piecing, pressing and even the quilting lines. The instructions are written so that even a beginner quilter will feel confident in completing the table runner. The sample shown was given to my sister and her husband for their 10th wedding anniversary celebrated a few weeks ago.
- Six coordinating fat quarters (FQs) (for the front, pieced back and scrappy binding)
- 1 yard contrast fabric (for the front and back)
- 46" x 18" batting
- General quilting supplies (i.e. rotary cutter, mat, sewing machine, piecing thread, etc.)
Finished size: 42″ x 14″ but you could make it longer by adding another repeat, if desired.
The pattern price is just $6.95 (USD) and payments are processed via PayPal. The pattern is an instantly-downloadable PDF file. You can finish the table runner this weekend! If you purchase the pattern, be sure to save the file immediately to your own computer.
To purchase the pattern, select the “Add to Cart” button below. Proceeds of pattern sales help to keep this web site going, pay my rent, groceries and keep Milo in doggie treats.
Intro Savings: I have a coupon just for my readers to save 20% from now until Monday, September 16th at midnight (EDT). Enter the code PATHWAYS to receive the discount. However, if you follow this site on Facebook, you’ll find a coupon code for 25% off that is valid for the same time period.
I will be giving away four copies of my new Pathways Table Runner pattern this week. Two will be awarded to the quilter with the most community and guest judge points and two will be randomly awarded to those that leave a comment below. Don’t worry, if you purchase the pattern and then win the give-away, I’ll refund your purchase price.
To enter the give-away: Leave a comment below answering: “What’s your favourite part of the Fall/Autumn season”. Two winners will be randomly selected from the comments. You have until Monday, September 16th, 2013 at midnight (EDT) to enter the give-away.
This Week’s Quilts
Here are this week’s Just Table Runners:
Please note: if you are viewing this post via email or your RSS reader, you’ll need to click through to the blog post to see the quilts and vote.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to Monday, September 16, 2013 at midnight (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite table runner
- Winner announced next week
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to FOUR favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
Just Table Runners
- Celtic knot table runner (24%, 159 Votes)
- Table Runner with Water Lilies (22%, 147 Votes)
- POINSETTA TABLE RUNNER (19%, 130 Votes)
- Arabesque (17%, 116 Votes)
- Red December (11%, 76 Votes)
- Tree of Life (10%, 65 Votes)
- Tropical Rainbow (9%, 63 Votes)
- Wheat table runner (9%, 59 Votes)
- Flower Power (8%, 56 Votes)
- Batik Flying Geese (8%, 53 Votes)
- Spicy Spiral Runner (7%, 49 Votes)
- Quilting Brings Friends Together (7%, 49 Votes)
- Desert Sands (6%, 39 Votes)
- Pop of Red (6%, 38 Votes)
- Christmas Cardinals (6%, 37 Votes)
- Autumn Glow (5%, 34 Votes)
- Froggy's in the round (4%, 28 Votes)
- flowers and houses (4%, 26 Votes)
- Modern Table Topper (3%, 23 Votes)
- Round and Round (3%, 22 Votes)
- Sand Castles (3%, 20 Votes)
- Fall Table-Runner (3%, 18 Votes)
- Brenda's Table Service (2%, 16 Votes)
- Christmas Runner (2%, 14 Votes)
- Testallating Pinwheels (2%, 14 Votes)
- Circles (2%, 13 Votes)
- Green and heartly (2%, 11 Votes)
- Falling Leaves (2%, 11 Votes)
- vanilla hearts (1%, 10 Votes)
- Blueberry Crumb Runner (1%, 10 Votes)
- Twirling Triangles (1%, 8 Votes)
- Fall Holiday Rag Quilt (1%, 7 Votes)
- Mystery Table Runner (1%, 7 Votes)
- Pretty in Pink (1%, 6 Votes)
- Darren's Piece (1%, 5 Votes)
- Karussellpferde (1%, 5 Votes)
- Autumn Runner (0%, 2 Votes)
- Scrap Flower Garden Table Runner (0%, 2 Votes)
- Love from Rollin (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 667
Next Week’s Show & Tell
The theme for next week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell is Quilts for Teens. Any quilting technique is welcome (paper pieced, appliqué, pieced, etc.). Any size or shape is acceptable and unfinished quilts are welcome as well. Please don’t submit a quilt you’ve already entered in the past… let’s see something different!
To enter: Submit your photo before Friday, September 20th, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). If you are new here, please also read the Guidelines for additional information.
- Sept. 16 – Quilts for Teens next week’s event
- Sept. 30 – Fall’s Glory
- Oct. 21 – Two Colour Quilts
- Oct. 28 - Halloween Fun
- Nov. 4 – Quilting Close-Up
- Nov. 25 – Stars