Grab yourself a pencil and some paper as it’s voting time for this week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event. The theme is Leaves, Trees & Flowers. There are 42 incredible quilts to inspire you.
Give-Away from Vicki Welsh Hand Dyed Fabrics
Autumn is my favorite time of year and I’m very excited to see your nature inspired quilts. Nature is also a big inspiration for many of my hand dyed fabrics.
Sugar Maple was one of my first gradients and still one of my favorites.
Pine Forest is a great background gradient for nature inspired art quilts.
Woodlands Gradient creates a perfect background for forest scenes.
The Autumn Stash Pack is perfect for a scrappy maple leaf block quilt.
All of these fabrics are currently offered in my shop. In addition, Quilting Gallery readers can receive free shipping on US domestic orders over $40 with the coupon code QGFREESHIP. International customers can put the code in the comments section to receive $5 off orders over $40.
You can keep up with everything happening in my shop by subscribing to my free newsletter. As an added bonus, 5 newsletter subscribers win free hand dyed fabric each month.
The winners from the Quilters’ Show & Tell submissions and the give-away below will each receive their choice of a Stash Pack from my shop. The quilter that wins will also receive a 2.5 yard package of Mistyfuse black fusible web.
Give-Away for everyone to enter:
To enter the give-away, visit Vicki’s shop and have a look at the beautiful gradients that she has available. Leave a comment below letting me know which colour combination is your favourite and what you would do with the fabric. You have until Monday, September 9th, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EDT) to enter the give-away.
This Week’s Quilts
Here are this week’s Leaves, Trees & Flower Quilts:
Please note: if you are viewing this post via email or your RSS reader, you’ll need to click through to the blog post to see the quilts and vote.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to Monday, September 9, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced late next week
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to FIVE favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
Leaves, Trees & Flowers
- Winter In Lincoln County #1: The Orchard (26%, 140 Votes)
- Grandma Flowers (18%, 96 Votes)
- Meet Mr. Straw (14%, 75 Votes)
- Beyond the Black Stump (13%, 73 Votes)
- Rachel's Quilt (13%, 70 Votes)
- A Challenging Year (12%, 67 Votes)
- Sunset in Carlsbad, California (11%, 61 Votes)
- Petals (10%, 56 Votes)
- Wintertree (9%, 48 Votes)
- The Old Oak (7%, 40 Votes)
- Some folks resting (7%, 38 Votes)
- Fontainbleau (6%, 34 Votes)
- Fall Wreaths (6%, 33 Votes)
- Flower Garden (6%, 32 Votes)
- Not Your Grandmother's Flower Garden (5%, 29 Votes)
- Autumn Splendor (5%, 29 Votes)
- Morning Glories (5%, 27 Votes)
- Fall Fiesta (5%, 27 Votes)
- Bee-Haven (4%, 24 Votes)
- Fall Flower (4%, 24 Votes)
- Quilted scrapbook cover (4%, 23 Votes)
- Fall Fantasia (4%, 22 Votes)
- Tumbling Leaves (4%, 19 Votes)
- (not all) Roses are red (3%, 18 Votes)
- My Flower Garden (3%, 18 Votes)
- Autumn Reds (3%, 17 Votes)
- Fall (3%, 17 Votes)
- City Trees (Kaaren Biggs) (3%, 15 Votes)
- City Trees (Diane U.) (3%, 14 Votes)
- Circle of Flowers (2%, 12 Votes)
- Dresden Sunflower (2%, 12 Votes)
- Herbsttraumbaum (FallDreamTree) (2%, 9 Votes)
- Small Leaves (1%, 8 Votes)
- Blooming Spring (1%, 8 Votes)
- Falling Leaves (1%, 8 Votes)
- Tree of Life (1%, 6 Votes)
- Quadra flora (1%, 3 Votes)
- Bloomin' Days (1%, 3 Votes)
- Serenity (1%, 3 Votes)
- Happy....Hoppy (0%, 2 Votes)
- Asian Pieces (0%, 2 Votes)
- Roses for Dean (0%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 541
Next Week’s Show & Tell
The theme for next week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell is Just Table Runners. Any quilting technique is welcome (paper pieced, appliqué, pieced, etc.). Any table runner size or shape is acceptable and unfinished runners are welcome as well. Please don’t submit a table runner you’ve already entered in the past… let’s see something different!
To enter: Submit your photo before Friday, September 13th, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). If you are new here, please also read the Guidelines for additional information.
- Sept. 16 – Quilts for Teens
- Sept. 30 – Fall’s Glory
- Oct. 21 – Two Colour Quilts
- Oct. 28 - Halloween Fun
- Nov. 4 – Quilting Close-Up
- Nov. 25 – Stars