Grab yourself a pencil and some paper as it’s voting time for this week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event. There are 42 wonderful Pet Quilts to inspire you.
This week’s guest judge is Vicki from Field Trips in Fiber. She’ll have 100 bonus points to assign to up to four quilts.
Give-Away from Quilting Colors
Hand-dyed Fabrics for Quilters
Welcome to Quilting Colors the Spanish store for hand-dyed fabrics for quilters. I use the best fabrics in the world, imported and the hand dyes are locally made from beginning to end. The fabrics are pre-laundered and ready for use. I use Kaufman Pimatex Cotton or Kona and ship worldwide.
I produce different values and colors, perfect to complete your color studies project, modern quilt or any project with subtle color variations. I am passionate about color, just like you!
I have a special promotion just for Quilting Gallery readers over this weekend. Enjoy a 10% off coupon for my hand-dyed fabrics by using the coupon code Pets at checkout. Offer expires August 19th, 2013.
If you are from Spain, I can quilt for you with my long arm. Hurry up the special quilting promotion ends this summer. And if you speak Spanish, subscribe to my Newsletter. In a couple of days, you will receive “La última guía del quilting” for free. It’s a useful guide with 7 tips for a quilter in the sewing room.
Last but not least, keep in touch with me on Facebook, I love to hear from you.
Quilter & Textile Art
Alfonsina will be giving away three packs of 6 fat quarters each in two gradated colours: green/blue green, blue/turquoise and red/orange. The top two quilters with the most votes (community votes plus guest judge points) will each win a pack and one lucky reader will also.
The give-away is open to all Quilting Gallery readers that leave a comment below. To enter the give-away, simply visit the Quilting Colors product page, and let me know what colour bundle you like best in the comments below. In the top right corner of the Quilting Colors page, you can select English or Spanish as your preferred language.
The winner from the comments will be selected randomly next Tuesday morning (August 20th).
This Week’s Quilts
Here are this week’s Pet Quilts:
Please note: if you are viewing this post via email or your RSS reader, you’ll need to click through to the blog post to see the quilts and vote.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to
Monday, August 19, 2013 at 8:00 p.m.Tuesday, August 20th at 8:00 a.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced next week
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to FOUR favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
- Kitty Goes Fishing (19%, 127 Votes)
- Nick's Quilt (17%, 117 Votes)
- Mr.Maybell (17%, 116 Votes)
- Bertha Blub (12%, 79 Votes)
- UNDER THE JELLICLE MOON (11%, 76 Votes)
- Charlie (11%, 75 Votes)
- Cornered! (11%, 71 Votes)
- Pugs on Popsicle Sticks (10%, 67 Votes)
- Krazy Katz (9%, 61 Votes)
- Mischief (7%, 49 Votes)
- Arlo's quilt (7%, 49 Votes)
- Puppies for Ethan (7%, 47 Votes)
- All Dogs go to Heaven (7%, 45 Votes)
- The budgies (7%, 44 Votes)
- Josh's Kitty Quilt (6%, 38 Votes)
- Andy's Rag Quilt (5%, 35 Votes)
- Beau and Georgie's Excellent Adventure: Up on the Woof (5%, 32 Votes)
- Toby and Roscoe (5%, 32 Votes)
- Black and White Cats (5%, 31 Votes)
- Puppyhood Happiness (4%, 27 Votes)
- Our Kelly (4%, 27 Votes)
- There's No Place Like Home (4%, 26 Votes)
- The Cat House (3%, 21 Votes)
- Bart's speelkeed (3%, 21 Votes)
- Jenny's couch quilt (3%, 20 Votes)
- Tiffanies 1st quilt (3%, 19 Votes)
- Ingrid's Hounds (3%, 18 Votes)
- Darling Dogs (3%, 17 Votes)
- Bridget's Memory Quilt (2%, 14 Votes)
- Collecting Bugs (2%, 14 Votes)
- Puppy Quilt (2%, 12 Votes)
- Blackie's quilt (2%, 12 Votes)
- Our Best Girl (2%, 12 Votes)
- Stars and Swirls and men's shirts (2%, 12 Votes)
- Jake's quilt (1%, 8 Votes)
- Winnie & Tiffany's quilt (1%, 7 Votes)
- Ruby Crystal (1%, 6 Votes)
- Freeway (1%, 5 Votes)
- Little Lucy (1%, 5 Votes)
- Dogs and more dogs (1%, 4 Votes)
- My first quilt (1%, 4 Votes)
- Critter Quilt #1 (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 674
Next Week’s Show & Tell
The theme for next week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell is House and Building Quilts. The theme can be represented in the quilt’s design or the fabrics used. Any quilting technique is welcome (paper pieced, appliqué, pieced, etc.). Any quilt size is acceptable and unfinished quilt tops are welcome as well. Please don’t submit a quilt you’ve already entered in the past… let’s see something different!
To enter: Submit your photo before Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. (EDT). If you are new here, please also read the Guidelines for additional information.