It’s time to vote and enter the give-away for this week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event. This week’s theme is Summer Fun quilts.
Our guest judge this week is Sandra from Sandra’s Craft Corner. She has 100 bonus points that she’ll assign to four (or less) of her favourite quilts.
Give-Away from Vicki Welsh Hand Dyed Fabrics
It’s a typical hot and humid summer here in Virginia and I am loving every minute of it. There’s no better time to stay inside in the air conditioning and quilt! One of my favorite ways to make a summer quilt is to use an old flannel sheet for batting. It makes the quilt cooler and lighter for the warm summer months.
In the dye studio, however, I am thinking of Christmas. I want to make a Christmas quilt this year so my newest fabric palette was designed for my Holiday quilt. I want something more vintage looking. I want to create a quilt that looks like it’s been in the family for a long time and is a Christmas tradition. That’s why the name of this new palette is “Traditions”.
There’s a Stash Pack that would be great for making a set of Holiday placemats
And the Reunion gradient
There are 2 additional gradients and 4 Shades packs. All of these fabrics are currently on sale in my shop. In addition, Quilting Gallery readers can receive free shipping on US domestic orders over $40 with the coupon code TRADITIONS. International customers can put the code in the comments section to receive $5 off orders over $40. Free shipping expires July 18.
You can keep up with everything happening in my shop by subscribing to my free newsletter. As an added bonus, 5 newsletter subscribers win free hand dyed fabric each month.
The winners from the Quilters’ Show & Tell submissions and the give-away below will each receive their choice of a Stash Pack from my shop. The quilter that wins will also receive a 2.5 yard package of Mistyfuse fusible web.
Give-Away for everyone to enter:
To enter the give-away, leave a comment below answering: What’s your favourite summertime activity? The winner from the comments will be selected randomly. You have until Monday, July 15th, 2013 at 8:00 p.m. (EDT) to enter the give-away.
This Week’s Quilts
Here are this week’s Summer Fun Quilts:
Please note: if you are viewing this post via email or your RSS reader, you’ll need to click through to the blog post to see the quilts and vote.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to Monday, July 15, 2013 at 8:00 p.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced next week
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to THREE favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
Summer Fun Quilts
- Sea Turtles (38%, 180 Votes)
- Lasst Rays (34%, 161 Votes)
- Seagull Lake Sunset (23%, 110 Votes)
- Blueprint (19%, 92 Votes)
- Sunshine Melody (18%, 85 Votes)
- Farmers Market (18%, 83 Votes)
- Even Ants Need Refreshment (15%, 71 Votes)
- Mysterious Letter P (10%, 49 Votes)
- Box of Crayons (7%, 34 Votes)
- Where's The Beach? (6%, 26 Votes)
- Summer purse (5%, 23 Votes)
- Summer's first quilt (3%, 13 Votes)
- SOW GOOD DEEDS (2%, 9 Votes)
- Sweet Summer Days (2%, 9 Votes)
- Pure Hearts (1%, 7 Votes)
- Ella's Pink and Purple (1%, 6 Votes)
- Monkey Business (0%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 472
Next Week’s Show & Tell
The theme for next week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event is Scrappy Quilts. Any quilting style is acceptable and unfinished quilt tops are welcome too. Please don’t submit a quilt you’ve already entered in the past… let’s see something different!
Read the Guidelines and submit your photo before next Friday, July 19th, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).
Show & Tell Links
P.S. Don’t forget to enter the give-away below!