Over the weekend, I was working on my Diagonals quilt made with my Scrappy Herringbone Quilt Block tutorial. I realized that I had tonnes of “little bits” that were too small lengthwise to use in this quilt, but too large to just throw away.
So, I stitched them together into strips approximately 7 to 8″ long.
Trimmed even into usable strips with a width that is no smaller than 1″ and no larger than 2″:
I ended up with 25 FREE strips:
You can see a few in this small section of the quilt.
I think they add such character to the blocks. There will be little surprises throughout the quilt.
Important Notice: Google Reader will cease to exist on July 1, 2013. According to my stats, this will impact 75% of the readers that follow my blog via RSS. That's significant. Please consider using one of the alternatives I have suggested. I'd hate to lose you.