It’s time to vote and enter the give-away for our first Quilters’ Show & Tell event. As I mentioned in previous posts, the new Show & Tell events replace the old weekly quilt contests that I have hosted for the past three years.
Each Friday, you’ll still get to see the gorgeous quilts that have been submitted, plus you get to select your favourites and everyone can enter the weekly give-away too. Additionally, two guest judges will also be reviewing the quilts and assigning 100 bonus points to four (or less) of their favourite quilts. Winners of the Show & Tell and the weekly give-away will be announced sometime on Monday.
This week’s theme is Favourite Quilt from 2012. It’s an open-ended theme and quilters could submit any quilt done in any style. New for this year, quilts submitted do not have to be 100% complete… works in progress are encouraged.
Give-Away from the Fat Quarter Shop
Happy 2013, everyone!
We are excited to enter this new year with a blank slate. While we have tons of unfinished objects (UFOs) in our sewing rooms, we have made it our mission to tackle them with a fresh, eager perspective! Despite all of the projects that were pushed aside, we have plenty of quilts from 2012 that we are quite proud of.
Over here at Fat Quarter Shop, we are particularly proud of all of the quilts from our book, Simply Fat Quarters. Each quilt was meticulously planned, pieced and quilted. After all of the hard work, they are now around for us to enjoy!
They have donated two $20 gift certificates for this week’s winners. The first prize will be awarded to the quilter that submitted a photo and receives the most votes, by popular choice (i.e. those voting below) plus the guest judges’ bonus points. The second prize is open to everyone.
To enter the give-away, leave a comment below answering: Do you have any favourite quilts from 2012? Any quilts that you will cherish for years to come? Or beloved quilts that were gifted to a special someone?
Winner chosen from the comments left below will be selected randomly. You have until Monday, January 14, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. to enter the give-away.
P.S. You can read my review of their fantastic Simply Fat Quarters book here.
This Week’s Quilts
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to Monday, January 14th at 8 a.m. (EST)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to FOUR favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
Favourite Quilt from 2012
- From The Cupcake Crew (30%, 407 Votes)
- Soft Place to Fall (19%, 263 Votes)
- Texas Teardrops (14%, 193 Votes)
- Feathered Peacock Star Wallhanging (12%, 161 Votes)
- Wonders of Color (8%, 106 Votes)
- Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (7%, 101 Votes)
- Starry Night (7%, 91 Votes)
- Folk Art Melody (7%, 90 Votes)
- Beachie Bright for Melissa (6%, 82 Votes)
- Bouquets for Catharine (6%, 80 Votes)
- Amazing Technicolor Dream Quilt (6%, 75 Votes)
- Onderweg ( on the road ) (5%, 69 Votes)
- Wagon Wheels West 2 (5%, 69 Votes)
- Modern Flag (5%, 67 Votes)
- Summer Romance (5%, 63 Votes)
- Canadian Christmas, eh! (5%, 62 Votes)
- Lucy the llama / divine diva (5%, 62 Votes)
- Hearts Desire (4%, 59 Votes)
- A Leaf for A Season (3%, 47 Votes)
- DaZZling Dogs (3%, 46 Votes)
- Fire Star (3%, 42 Votes)
- A Day in the Life of Mr. Bear (3%, 40 Votes)
- Medallion Quilt (3%, 38 Votes)
- Butterflies (3%, 35 Votes)
- Orca Bay Mystery Quilt (3%, 35 Votes)
- half log cabin block/Christopher's quilt (3%, 34 Votes)
- First Bloom (2%, 29 Votes)
- Clan McAlpine (2%, 26 Votes)
- Nyan Cat (2%, 25 Votes)
- Circus Tent (2%, 25 Votes)
- Imperfect World (1%, 20 Votes)
- Cuzzies (1%, 19 Votes)
- Enlightened Souls (1%, 18 Votes)
- Lavender Dreams (1%, 16 Votes)
- Charming Kaffee (1%, 16 Votes)
- Coquette Tulip (1%, 13 Votes)
- Kayna's Bed Quilt (1%, 12 Votes)
- Beauty and the Beast (1%, 11 Votes)
- Sweet Caroline (1%, 11 Votes)
- My Friendship Quilt (1%, 11 Votes)
- Cindy's Quilt (1%, 10 Votes)
- My Funny Valentine (0%, 6 Votes)
- Kyle's Christmas Quilt (0%, 4 Votes)
- BETH'S PURE HEARTS (0%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,359
Next Week’s Show & Tell
P.S. Don’t forget to enter the give-away below!