It’s voting time for this week’s Star Quilts. We have a large selection of gorgeous quilts to look at and you can choose FOUR favourites this weekend.
ChristaQuilts is our sponsor this week and they’ve donated a $35 gift certificate for this week’s winner.
If you’ve entered an item in the contest, be sure to read the updated rules and guidelines page on inviting others to vote for your submission.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Monday, December 3rd at 8 a.m. (EST)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to FOUR favourites this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
- A Star For Peace (32%, 173 Votes)
- Twinkle Twinkle Many Stars (20%, 105 Votes)
- Cheddar Stars Over Moab (19%, 104 Votes)
- Christmas Tree Star (19%, 102 Votes)
- My Favoirte Things (16%, 83 Votes)
- Kaitra's Celebration (12%, 63 Votes)
- My stars (11%, 59 Votes)
- Stars for Andrew (11%, 58 Votes)
- Falling Stars (10%, 56 Votes)
- Around the Horn (10%, 53 Votes)
- Star Flowers (10%, 51 Votes)
- Stars Around the Garden (8%, 44 Votes)
- Starry Baby Quilt (8%, 43 Votes)
- Lone Star (7%, 37 Votes)
- Log Cabin Stars (5%, 27 Votes)
- Stained Glass Dreams (5%, 25 Votes)
- Supernova (4%, 20 Votes)
- And Waved to Me (3%, 18 Votes)
- Christmas Cheer (3%, 17 Votes)
- Stars (3%, 16 Votes)
- Twinkle (3%, 15 Votes)
- Stars on Stripes (3%, 14 Votes)
- CHRISTMAS STAR (Linda Douglas) (3%, 14 Votes)
- Christmas Stars (Carrie P.) (2%, 12 Votes)
- Earth and Stars (2%, 12 Votes)
- Pathway to the Stars (2%, 11 Votes)
- Rainbow Star (2%, 11 Votes)
- Hugs for Anne (1%, 8 Votes)
- Saddle Tramp (1%, 6 Votes)
- Space - The New Frontier (1%, 6 Votes)
- Waving Flag (1%, 6 Votes)
- We All Shine (1%, 5 Votes)
- owen's stars (1%, 4 Votes)
- Belle's Wall hanging (1%, 4 Votes)
- Marbled Stars (1%, 3 Votes)
- Christmas Star Reversible Mini Quilt (0%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 535
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s quilt contest is Christmas Table Runners. Your quilt can be made with any technique (i.e. piecing, appliqué) as long as it is completely finished, i.e. quilted and bound. Also, don’t submit the same quilt that you’ve entered this week!
This contest is for Christmas table runners or table toppers only. The following week, will be other Christmas Quilts (i.e. wall hangings, lap, throw and bed quilts). You will not be able to submit the same quilt in both weeks, but you can enter both contests with different quilts. You can’t enter in advance, so you’ll have to come back after Dec. 7th to enter the Christmas Quilts only contest.
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your photo by next Friday, December 7, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EST). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, December 10, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EST).