It’s voting time for this week’s Honouring Veterans quilts and other fabric items contest. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for TWO favourites this weekend.
Our sponsor, Calico Mermaid, have donated a gorgeous quilt kit for this week’s winner.
If you’ve entered an item in the contest, be sure to read the updated rules and guidelines page on inviting others to vote for your submission.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Monday, November 12th at 8 a.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to TWO favourites this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
- Semper Fi - Always a Marine (28%, 122 Votes)
- Thank You (19%, 84 Votes)
- Remember Me (18%, 81 Votes)
- Family of Vets (16%, 71 Votes)
- American Flag Quilt (12%, 55 Votes)
- America, here I come! (9%, 41 Votes)
- Patriotic Flags (8%, 37 Votes)
- A Soldier's Star (8%, 35 Votes)
- Proud Colors (8%, 34 Votes)
- Remember (6%, 27 Votes)
- Rail Fence (5%, 24 Votes)
- Freedom Eagle (5%, 22 Votes)
- Marine Star (5%, 22 Votes)
- Shooting Stars (4%, 18 Votes)
- Keys to Freedom (3%, 13 Votes)
- Remembrance Day Poppy Mug Rug (2%, 8 Votes)
- blue star service banner window quilt (2%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 443
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
There won’t be a contest next week; however, the next contest will be Thanksgiving/Gratitude. You can submit quilts, wall hangings, table runners, etc. of any size that are completely finished, i.e. quilted and bound.
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your photo by next Friday, November 23, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, November 26, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EST).