It’s voting time for this week’s Quilts with Dots, Checks, Stripes contest. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for TWO favourites this weekend.
This week’s sponsor, Granma’s Treasures, have donated a Count Down to Christmas jelly roll by Sweetwater for the winner.
Fat quarter sale: Visit the Bits n Pieces section of Granma’s Treasures for a selection of 15 fat quarters for $20.00! 18 categories, thousands of fat quarters! Mention the Quilting Gallery in the side notes for a free fat quarter friendly pattern too!
If you’ve entered an item in the contest, be sure to read the updated rules and guidelines page on inviting others to vote for your submission.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday â€“ Monday, October 29nd at 8 a.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to TWO favourites this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
Dots, Checks, Stripes
- Rainbow Days and Starry Nights (24%, 170 Votes)
- night and day (24%, 170 Votes)
- Dot's Enough! (21%, 151 Votes)
- Birdhouses on a lark (18%, 128 Votes)
- Prism Scrap Quilt (10%, 75 Votes)
- Verschlungene Pfade (10%, 72 Votes)
- A Dottie Quilt (9%, 64 Votes)
- Zoologie Cirlces (7%, 52 Votes)
- Journey to the Sun (6%, 43 Votes)
- Little hen mugrug (5%, 37 Votes)
- Bow-Tie (3%, 24 Votes)
- Greek Key Log Cabin Quilt (3%, 23 Votes)
- Trip around the world baby (3%, 20 Votes)
- QLD Relief Quilt - Baby Blocks (2%, 16 Votes)
Total Voters: 718
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s quilt contest is Halloween FUN!. You can submit quilts of any size or other fabric-made items (bags, toys, etc.) as long as the item you enter represents the theme and is completely finished, i.e. quilted and bound.
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your photo by next Friday, November 2, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, November 5, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EST).
Weekly Quilt Contest Links
Important Notice: Google Reader will cease to exist on July 1, 2013. According to my stats, this will impact 75% of the readers that follow my blog via RSS. That's significant. Please consider using one of the alternatives I have suggested. I'd hate to lose you.