It’s voting time for this week’s Leaves, Trees & Flowers quilt contest. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for FOUR favourites this weekend.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Monday, August 27th at 8 a.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt ***
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
*** Please note: The rules have recently changed with respect to inviting others to vote for your quilt. Please check the Guidelines page for the full details.
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to FOUR favourites this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
Leaves, Trees & Flowers
- In memory of my mother's passing (18%, 136 Votes)
- Jane Austen's Coverlet (replica) (not eligible to win) (15%, 113 Votes)
- Checkerboard Flowers (13%, 101 Votes)
- Marianne's Garden (12%, 91 Votes)
- Grandmother's Flower Garden (11%, 82 Votes)
- Lemon Tree (10%, 78 Votes)
- Family Tree (Donna) (9%, 69 Votes)
- A Ripple In Time (9%, 67 Votes)
- Fantasy Doorway (8%, 60 Votes)
- The Jungle Quilt (7%, 57 Votes)
- Flower Garden Pillow (7%, 56 Votes)
- Fall Leaves (Patti Akins) (7%, 54 Votes)
- Spring - Aviv! (7%, 52 Votes)
- In Gerda's Honor (7%, 51 Votes)
- Harvest Moon (7%, 50 Votes)
- Autumn Spendor (6%, 42 Votes)
- Iris and Rust for Fall (6%, 42 Votes)
- Marieta disfruta del otoño-Marieta enjoys of the autumn (5%, 40 Votes)
- Cheep Talk (5%, 38 Votes)
- autumn leaf (Leonie) (5%, 38 Votes)
- Fall Leaves (flamingo) (4%, 33 Votes)
- Family Tree (Erica Baron) (4%, 29 Votes)
- Foliage Fantasy (3%, 25 Votes)
- Puddle of Leaves (3%, 22 Votes)
- Spring Flowers Quilt (2%, 19 Votes)
- Autumn Leaves (Karin) (2%, 18 Votes)
- Dresden Flowers and Snake (2%, 18 Votes)
- Last Vestige (2%, 18 Votes)
- Starlit Forest (2%, 17 Votes)
- Indian summer (2%, 16 Votes)
- Oak Leaves (2%, 14 Votes)
- Artistic Tulip (2%, 14 Votes)
- Autumn leaves (Edny Raknes Reiten) (2%, 14 Votes)
- Maple Leaf Log Cabin (2%, 12 Votes)
- Colours of Spring (1%, 11 Votes)
- Falling Leaves (Vickie) (1%, 10 Votes)
- Autumn Leaves (SeacoastQuilter) (1%, 8 Votes)
- october leaves (1%, 8 Votes)
- Liberty runner (1%, 7 Votes)
- Save the trees, Save the Earth (1%, 7 Votes)
- shattered daisies (1%, 5 Votes)
- Falling leaves (Robin Bunch) (0%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 763
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s quilt contest is School Days. The theme can be represented by the quilt design or in the fabrics chosen for your quilt. Be creative with this theme. You can submit quilts, wall hangings, pillows, etc. using any technique (pieced, appliqué, embroidery) as long as the item you enter is completely finished (i.e. bound and quilted).
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your photo by next Friday, September 7, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, September 10, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).