It’s voting time for this week’s Solids quilt contest. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for THREE favourites this weekend.
Jojo’s Quilt Shoppe is this week’s sponsor and they’ve donated four lovely charm packs for this week’s winner.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Monday, August 27th at 8 a.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to THREE favourites this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
Updated: Please note two quilts were removed from the competition due to cheating and voter fraud. This is unacceptable.
- Painted Dahlia (41%, 309 Votes)
- Happiness, color and heat-Alegría,color y calor (18%, 131 Votes)
- Gee's whiz! i Bend wanting a quilt like this! Thanks Row 10! (9%, 67 Votes)
- Rebellion (7%, 51 Votes)
- 30s Barn Raising (7%, 50 Votes)
- Spell It Out (7%, 50 Votes)
- Roman Stripes in a Hurry (6%, 42 Votes)
- The Barcode Quilt (6%, 42 Votes)
- Fiesta Ware (5%, 36 Votes)
- ohio star tree skirt (4%, 29 Votes)
- Off The Grid (3%, 25 Votes)
- Trip Around The Neighborhood (3%, 24 Votes)
- Don't Touch Me (3%, 20 Votes)
- Modern Solids Sampler (3%, 19 Votes)
- Puddle Quilt (3%, 19 Votes)
- Lunch with the women of Gee;s Bend (2%, 16 Votes)
- Tetris (2%, 16 Votes)
- Companion Qube Quilt (1%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 746
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s quilt contest is Leaves, Trees & Flowers. The theme can be represented by the quilt design or in the fabrics chosen for your quilt. You can submit quilts, wall hangings, pillows, etc. using any technique (pieced, appliqué, embroidery) as long as the item you enter is completely finished (i.e. bound and quilted).
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your photo by next Friday, August 31, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, September 3, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).