It’s voting time for this week’s Modern Geometric quilt contest. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for THREE favourites this weekend.
Contemporary Cloth is this week’s sponsor and they’ve generously donated three $10 gift certificates for the top three winners.
SPECIAL OFFER!!! Since you can always use black + white fabrics in your stash, use the code – quilter – for 40% OFF BLACK + WHITE CATEGORY through the weekend!
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Monday, August 13th at 8 a.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to THREE favourites this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
- Best from long distance... (26%, 106 Votes)
- 1892 Rondure (20%, 84 Votes)
- 3D-Ball (19%, 77 Votes)
- Wild Thhing (18%, 73 Votes)
- Circle of Hope (17%, 71 Votes)
- Things are not always what they seem (9%, 38 Votes)
- Modern Sisters (9%, 35 Votes)
- Flying Arrows (8%, 34 Votes)
- Geometría floral (8%, 33 Votes)
- Cubes Revisted (8%, 32 Votes)
- Shadow Boxes (6%, 25 Votes)
- Sherbet (6%, 25 Votes)
- Linked (6%, 23 Votes)
- Die Würfel sind gefallen (6%, 23 Votes)
- Loving Hands of San Francisco Waldorf High School (5%, 22 Votes)
- Sam's Quilt (5%, 20 Votes)
- A Brighter Life (5%, 19 Votes)
- BLACK AND WHITE TUMBLING BLOCKS (5%, 19 Votes)
- Pink and Teal HST (4%, 17 Votes)
- The Birdcage (4%, 16 Votes)
- Ice Pellets (4%, 15 Votes)
- Modern Mini (3%, 12 Votes)
- Stepping Stones (2%, 10 Votes)
- Urban Expressway (2%, 9 Votes)
- Easy Going Modern (2%, 8 Votes)
- Wonderland (2%, 8 Votes)
- Christopher's quilt (1%, 6 Votes)
- Viva La Curves (1%, 5 Votes)
- Pieces Make Peace (0%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 411
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s quilt contest is Scrappy. You can submit quilts, wall hangings, pillows, etc., that are pieced or appliqued, as long as the item you enter is completely finished (i.e. bound and quilted). Also, please do not submit a quilt you’ve already entered in one of my contests in 2012. We want to see different quilts for this competition. It does not have to be something you’ve completed this year.
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your photo by next Friday, August 17, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, August 20, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).