It’s voting time for this week’s Memory Quilts contest. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. I hope you’ll take the time to read the stories that go along with the quilts, they are heart-warming. You can vote for FOUR favourites this weekend.
Valerie from Pastimes Online is back as this week’s sponsor and she’s donated two lovely magazines for the winner.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday â€“ Monday, July 16th at 8 a.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to FOUR quilts this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
- Sean's Medallion (23%, 72 Votes)
- A Letter To My Son (20%, 62 Votes)
- Journalquilt - memories of Minno (18%, 56 Votes)
- Fishing in Heaven (16%, 49 Votes)
- Bricks and Stepping Stones (11%, 34 Votes)
- Always a Mother (10%, 31 Votes)
- Fiftieth Anniversary Quilt (9%, 28 Votes)
- Ben's Star (8%, 26 Votes)
- My Mum's Flowers (8%, 25 Votes)
- My Mom (8%, 24 Votes)
- A Labor of Love (7%, 22 Votes)
- A heaven full of stars (7%, 21 Votes)
- Family Memories (7%, 21 Votes)
- Memories for Rita (6%, 20 Votes)
- Happy 50th Anniversary (5%, 17 Votes)
- Those were The Days ! (4%, 14 Votes)
- Happy Birthday Dad! (4%, 13 Votes)
- A Wife Worth Remembering (4%, 11 Votes)
- Scarlett (4%, 11 Votes)
- Passport to Freedom (4%, 11 Votes)
- Bulldog Pride (3%, 10 Votes)
- Peepaw's Quilt (3%, 10 Votes)
- Flying Away (3%, 9 Votes)
- Memories for Bill (3%, 9 Votes)
- Grandchildren Quilt (3%, 8 Votes)
- Making Memories (3%, 8 Votes)
- Pappa's quilt (Dad's quilt) (2%, 7 Votes)
- T-Shirt Quilt (2%, 7 Votes)
- Widget's quilt (2%, 7 Votes)
- Alan's Angels (2%, 7 Votes)
- Quilt of Memories (2%, 6 Votes)
- Ugly Quilt (2%, 5 Votes)
- memory quilt (maryland quilter) (1%, 4 Votes)
- Memory Quilt (Marjorie Henwood) (1%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 314
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s contest is Postcards and Artist Trading Cards (ATCs). One entry per person, however, you can take a photo of multiple pieces if you wish.
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your photo by next Friday, July 20, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, July 23, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).
Weekly Quilt Contest Links
- Submit your photo
- 2012 Themes, Winners & Sponsors
- Sponsor a contest – only a few dates left for 2012
Please share the logo below on your own blog. The more contestants, the more exciting the contests!
P.S. Missing out on the fun? You can join the quilt-along at any time. The blocks are easy, and you’ll catch up quickly. Check the Flickr group to see the blocks others have made. We have weekly prizes too!