It’s voting time for this week’s Patriotism quilt contest. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for FIVE favourites this weekend.
Our sponsor this week is Vicki Welsh who creates gorgeous hand dyed fabrics. She has donated a Stash Pack of hand dyed fabrics containing 10 fat eighths and a 10 yard pack of Mistyfuse for this week’s winner.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Monday, July 9th at 8 a.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to FIVE quilts this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
- Flight Home (36%, 361 Votes)
- Qatari Flag (23%, 224 Votes)
- American All-Stars (19%, 187 Votes)
- Salute to the Red, white and Blue (13%, 133 Votes)
- Jaggy Thistle (12%, 124 Votes)
- The Wave (10%, 104 Votes)
- Lest We Forget (8%, 80 Votes)
- Stars Galore (6%, 60 Votes)
- Canadiana (5%, 52 Votes)
- Lady Liberty (5%, 50 Votes)
- Big Bertha (5%, 46 Votes)
- Land of the Free (5%, 46 Votes)
- This side of the Pond (5%, 45 Votes)
- Nautical Wheels (4%, 43 Votes)
- Soldiers Star (4%, 40 Votes)
- Arizona's Centennial (4%, 38 Votes)
- Fourth of July (Valerie Bahl) (4%, 37 Votes)
- Liberty (4%, 35 Votes)
- Remembering Dresden (3%, 34 Votes)
- For a Hero (3%, 33 Votes)
- God Shed (3%, 31 Votes)
- America, Something to Crow About (3%, 30 Votes)
- Tumbler Flag (3%, 29 Votes)
- My Tribute (3%, 28 Votes)
- Patriotic Lone Star (3%, 25 Votes)
- 4th of July (2%, 18 Votes)
- Land That I Love... (2%, 18 Votes)
- 4th of July topper (2%, 17 Votes)
- Blasting Fourth (2%, 17 Votes)
- show the colors (2%, 16 Votes)
- Maya - Traditional handmade applique ralli quilt (2%, 16 Votes)
- Dad's Patriotic Quilt (2%, 16 Votes)
- Summertime Mini Quilt (2%, 15 Votes)
- Charm Flag (1%, 12 Votes)
- Crowning Glory (1%, 10 Votes)
- Stripes and Stars (1%, 10 Votes)
- 4th of July Wall Hanging (1%, 9 Votes)
- Celebrate! (1%, 8 Votes)
- Margaret Griffiths (1%, 7 Votes)
- Obama wins (1%, 7 Votes)
- Fourth of July Wall Hanging (1%, 5 Votes)
- Fourth of July! ( Debbie Allred) (0%, 4 Votes)
- American Made (0%, 4 Votes)
- 2008 Election Quilt (0%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 995
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s contest is Memory Quilts. These can be made with photos, used clothing or even quilts just made in memory of someone. You can submit quilts, wall hangings, pillows, etc. as long as the item you enter is completely finished (i.e. bound and quilted).
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your quilt photo by next Friday, July 13, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, July 16, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).
Weekly Quilt Contest Links
- Submit your photo
- 2012 Themes, Winners & Sponsors
- Sponsor a contest – only a few dates left for 2012
Please share the logo below on your own blog. The more contestants, the more exciting the contests!
Block 5 of our Beginner’s Quilt-Along is now available. Pat Sloan named this blocked Count the Stars, more commonly known as the Friendship Star. This week’s lessons include several videos on rotary cutting and a couple of product recommendations to prevent your rulers from slipping.
View the Block 5 tutorial here.
P.S. Missing out on the fun? You can join the quilt-along at any time. The blocks are easy, and you’ll catch up quickly. Check the Flickr group to see the blocks others have made. We have weekly prizes too!