It’s voting time for this week’s Embroidery/Stitchery quilt contest. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for FOUR favourites this weekend.
Valerie from Pastimes Online is this week’s sponsor and she’s giving away a lovely embroidery kit to this week’s quilter with the most votes over the weekend.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Monday, June 25th at 8 a.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to FOUR quilts this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
- Circles of Life (35%, 226 Votes)
- Hills and Fields in Alabama (20%, 126 Votes)
- Mui Rojo Loco (I'm crazy for Red) (14%, 92 Votes)
- Summer magic! (12%, 78 Votes)
- Birdie Stitches (11%, 71 Votes)
- Gardener's Journal Quilt (11%, 69 Votes)
- Paradise (10%, 62 Votes)
- A Gardeners' Journal (10%, 61 Votes)
- Home Sweet Home (8%, 52 Votes)
- Child of God (8%, 49 Votes)
- Sea-alphabet for Celine (8%, 48 Votes)
- Happy Honu (7%, 47 Votes)
- Patchwork Heart Pillow (7%, 43 Votes)
- Nursery Rhymes (7%, 42 Votes)
- Grandma's Thimbles (6%, 38 Votes)
- Flowers all around (6%, 37 Votes)
- Raggedy Friends (5%, 34 Votes)
- Anthony's Quilt (4%, 26 Votes)
- Dutch Kids Quilt (4%, 25 Votes)
- Calyx (3%, 20 Votes)
- Black Rose (3%, 19 Votes)
- Tatum's Baby Blanket (3%, 17 Votes)
- Couverture afghane (3%, 17 Votes)
- Slime MOld (3%, 17 Votes)
- Passport to Freedom (2%, 14 Votes)
- Incrusted Ferns (2%, 13 Votes)
- Handbag (2%, 13 Votes)
- Floral Quilt (2%, 13 Votes)
- Lace and Embroidery (2%, 12 Votes)
- Raggedy and Friends (in Chocolate) (2%, 12 Votes)
- 4 seasons (1%, 9 Votes)
- Mayflower - may flowers (1%, 4 Votes)
- Mushroom Life In The Forest (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 637
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s contest is Summertime Fun. You can submit quilts, wall hangings, pillows, etc. as long as the item you enter is completely finished (i.e. bound and quilted). You are free to interpret this theme as you like. Get your cameras out!
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your quilt photo by next Friday, June 29, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, July 2, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).
Weekly Quilt Contest Links
- Submit your photo
- 2012 Themes, Winners & Sponsors
- Sponsor a contest – only a few dates left for 2012
Please share the logo below on your own blog. The more contestants, the more exciting the contests!
Block 3 of our Beginner’s Quilt-Along is now available. Pat Sloan named this blocked Time for Ice Cream, aka Shoo Fly. It’s our first of several half square triangle blocks that we’ll be making. I’ve shared an easy (and the most common) method for making HSTs too. View the Block 3 tutorial here.
P.S. Missing out on the fun? You can join the quilt-along at any time. The blocks are easy, and you’ll catch up quickly. Check the Flickr group to see the blocks others have made. We have weekly prizes too!