It’s voting time for this week’s Quilts for Dad contest. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for FOUR favourites this weekend.
Our friends from the Fat Quarter Shop are back as this week’s sponsor and they’ve donated four copies of Geared for Guys Quilt Book by Emily Herrick to the top four winning quilters with the most votes.
Happy Father’s Day to all the wonderful dads out there!
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Monday, June 18th at 8 a.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to FOUR quilts this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
Quilts for Dad
- Ties that Bind (23%, 93 Votes)
- Jinny's Garden for Dad (17%, 67 Votes)
- signal flags for our boat (14%, 56 Votes)
- It's a Guy Thing (14%, 55 Votes)
- A Scarlet and Gray Helix (10%, 42 Votes)
- Studly quilt (10%, 41 Votes)
- Driving in rain (10%, 40 Votes)
- Radioshack QR code quilt for dad (10%, 40 Votes)
- Secret Window Mystery Quilt (10%, 39 Votes)
- Hairy the Bushman (10%, 39 Votes)
- Windmills (7%, 30 Votes)
- Supernova for Dad (7%, 30 Votes)
- Dad's Shirts Log Cabin quilt (7%, 27 Votes)
- Dad's Quilt (Lynn) (6%, 25 Votes)
- A tribute to my Dad (6%, 25 Votes)
- Mustache Mini Quilt (6%, 25 Votes)
- Family Tree (6%, 25 Votes)
- Space Odyssey (6%, 23 Votes)
- 60. Birthday (5%, 22 Votes)
- Dad's Newspaper Quilt (5%, 22 Votes)
- Starry Night (5%, 22 Votes)
- Pieces of Life (5%, 21 Votes)
- Night Owl (5%, 20 Votes)
- His Hands Create WOnders for those He Loves (4%, 17 Votes)
- Quilt for my love (4%, 16 Votes)
- Go Saints! (3%, 12 Votes)
- Manly Quilt (3%, 11 Votes)
- Dad's Quilt (Tammy Kuse) (2%, 10 Votes)
- A Lot Of Animals (2%, 10 Votes)
- First of all - airplanes (1%, 6 Votes)
- Cowboy Up (1%, 5 Votes)
- The Big One (1%, 5 Votes)
- John's Racing quilt (1%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 401
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s contest is Embroidery/Stitchery. You can submit quilts, wall hangings, pillows, etc. as long as the item you enter is completely finished (i.e. bound and quilted). Get your cameras out!
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your quilt photo by next Friday, June 22, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, June 25, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).
Weekly Quilt Contest Links
- Submit your photo
- 2012 Themes, Winners & Sponsors
- Sponsor a contest – only a few dates left for 2012
Please share the logo below on your own blog. The more contestants, the more exciting the contests!