It’s voting time for this week’s Flower Gardens quilt contest. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for FOUR favourites this weekend.
Our sponsor this week is Julz from Simple Stitches. She creates adorable patterns for dolls, fairies, quilts and embroidery/stitchery. This week, when you purchase from the web site, use the coupon code, QG20, for a 20% off discount.
The winner of this week’s contest will receive this great pattern pack featuring three of Julz’s best selling patterns:
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Monday, June 4th at 8 a.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to FOUR quilts this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
- Shakespeare in the Park (29%, 185 Votes)
- My Charming Sunflower Garden Table Runner (21%, 137 Votes)
- My Flower Garden Quilt (17%, 110 Votes)
- Stained Glass Garden (15%, 100 Votes)
- Fantasy Flowers (15%, 100 Votes)
- Year Long Quilt (11%, 70 Votes)
- Floral Log Cabin (8%, 53 Votes)
- Colleen's Garden Fiesta (7%, 48 Votes)
- Prairie Summer (6%, 42 Votes)
- Rainbow Checks (6%, 38 Votes)
- Sweet Summer cottage (6%, 37 Votes)
- Garden of Posies (5%, 35 Votes)
- A Poppy Garden (5%, 33 Votes)
- Flower fiesta (5%, 33 Votes)
- Roses For Kate (5%, 32 Votes)
- Through the Garden Gate (5%, 31 Votes)
- Center Stage (4%, 27 Votes)
- Blooming Marvellous (4%, 27 Votes)
- Sunshine bag (3%, 21 Votes)
- Beaded Blooms (3%, 20 Votes)
- I Did It My Way (3%, 19 Votes)
- Summer roses (3%, 18 Votes)
- Splendar (3%, 18 Votes)
- Gate into a flowergarden (2%, 16 Votes)
- Spring Flowers (2%, 15 Votes)
- Quilters' Club (2%, 12 Votes)
- My Hanging Garden (2%, 11 Votes)
- Potted Beauties In My Garden (1%, 9 Votes)
- Floral Delight (1%, 7 Votes)
- Crazy Quilted Flower Quilt (1%, 7 Votes)
- Quilted Flower Garden (1%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 648
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s contest is Quilts with Circles. Your quilt does not have to be made entirely of ONLY circles, but circles should play a predominant role in the quilt design. Half and quarter circles are also acceptable. The circles can be pieced, appliqued, fused, etc. You can submit quilts, wall hangings, pillows, etc. as long as the item you enter is completely finished (i.e. bound and quilted). Get your cameras out!
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your quilt photo by next Friday, June 8, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, June 11, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).
Weekly Quilt Contest Links
- Submit your photo
- 2012 Themes, Winners & Sponsors
- Sponsor a contest – only a few dates left for 2012
Please share the logo below on your own blog. The more contestants, the more exciting the contests!
As part of the Learning Center, Pat Sloan and I are excited to be hosting a Beginner’s Quilt-Along. We’ll have two layouts for you to choose from, beginner tips and tricks and most of all lots of FUN! You’ll finish a lovely quilt in time for Christmas and make some new friends as well. Of course, there will be prizes too. It’s a stress-free quilt-along!
To kick off the excitement we have this to give-away: