It’s voting time for this week’s Creative Expression quilt contest. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for FOUR favourites this weekend.
Our sponsor this week is Jojo’s Quilt Shoppe. Joelle has donated four patterns from Fig Tree Quilts to this week’s winner. Plus be sure to check out their low prices and sign up for their newsletter for a bonus coupon too.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Monday, May 28th at 8 a.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to FOUR quilts this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
- Gecko Fabulous (50%, 120 Votes)
- Mind Tricks (18%, 43 Votes)
- Sea Squirts (17%, 40 Votes)
- Spring! (17%, 40 Votes)
- A Tisket, A Tasket, Oops! I Spilled My Basket! (16%, 38 Votes)
- Blauw ferfje (15%, 35 Votes)
- A strange game (10%, 23 Votes)
- The Masque (10%, 23 Votes)
- Blooming Poppy Yo Yo's (10%, 23 Votes)
- Mabou Mines (9%, 21 Votes)
- Passport to Freedom (8%, 19 Votes)
- Castle of Mayen (7%, 17 Votes)
- Arise Fair Sun (7%, 17 Votes)
- Sunflower Illustions (7%, 16 Votes)
- Magnolia (5%, 12 Votes)
- Hey Jake! Where are ya going? (5%, 12 Votes)
- Midnight in the Garden of Ferraro Roche' (5%, 12 Votes)
- Night Owl (5%, 12 Votes)
- lake trout in the weeds (4%, 10 Votes)
- Blooming Delight (4%, 10 Votes)
- Grandchildren Photo Quilt (4%, 9 Votes)
- Cat Shakespurr (3%, 8 Votes)
- African Woman (3%, 8 Votes)
- Goldilock Was Framed! (3%, 7 Votes)
- Flowers On The Trellis (3%, 6 Votes)
- Auction Art Quilt (3%, 6 Votes)
- Rose (2%, 5 Votes)
- Queen of Diamonds (1%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 239
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s contest is Flower Gardens. Your quilt can depict flowers or be made using flowered fabrics. Any quilting style is acceptable. You can submit quilts, wall hangings, pillows, etc. as long as the item you enter is completely finished (i.e. bound and quilted). Get your cameras out!
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your quilt photo by next Friday, June 1, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, June 4, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).
Please note: the new dates/times for contest submissions and voting. This is a permanent change for our weekly contests from now until further notice.
Weekly Quilt Contest Links
- Submit your photo
- 2012 Themes, Winners & Sponsors
- Sponsor a contest – only a few dates left for 2012
Please share the logo below on your own blog. The more contestants, the more exciting the contests!