It’s voting time for this week’s Wind, Earth, Fire & Water quilt contest. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for TWO favourites this weekend.
Our sponsor this week is Vicki Welsh who creates gorgeous hand dyed fabrics. She has donated a Stash Pack of hand dyed fabrics containing 10 fat eighths and a Goddess Sheet Teflon pressing sheet from Mistyfuse for this week’s winner.
Bonus savings for everyone: Vicki is offering a special 15% discount for Quilting Gallery readers through May 24th. Use coupon code MAY15.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Sunday at midnight (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to TWO quilts this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
Wind, Earth, Fire & Water
- Sea Glass (28%, 181 Votes)
- Let Your Light Shine (24%, 156 Votes)
- White Sands (17%, 110 Votes)
- A Day at the Beach (15%, 96 Votes)
- High Plains Storm (12%, 78 Votes)
- Mighty Eruption (9%, 61 Votes)
- hot and cold (9%, 58 Votes)
- Light Through The Mountain (8%, 54 Votes)
- Aurora Bourealis/Earth Wind and Fire (8%, 51 Votes)
- Elements Growth Charts (7%, 43 Votes)
- Monterrey Memories (5%, 33 Votes)
- fire&water (4%, 29 Votes)
- Fire (1%, 8 Votes)
- Mother Earth (0%, 3 Votes)
- Erna's Table (0%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 652
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s contest is Creative Expression. Quilters are free to interpret this theme as they see fit. Any quilting style is acceptable. You can submit quilts, wall hangings, pillows, etc. as long as the item you enter is completely finished (i.e. bound and quilted). Get your cameras out!
Weekly Quilt Contest Links
- Submit your photo
- 2012 Themes, Winners & Sponsors
- Sponsor a contest – only a few dates left for 2012
The Learning Center
This week’s Learning Center post explores Quilting History with four fabulous guests, Amy Milne, Judy Anne Breneman, Julie Silber and Diane MacLeod Shink, sharing their stories, photos and expertise. Also, we’re giving away two copies of the digital scrap booking software, MyMemories.