It’s voting time!! The theme for this week’s contest is Delightful Dresdens. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and a pencil to make note of your faves. You can vote for THREE favourites this weekend.
The quilter with the most votes will win this lovely fat quarter bundle donated by an anonymous sponsor.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Sunday @ 11:59 p.m.
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday!
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to THREE quilts this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of the quilts. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Slider version: To view the large photos of all the quilts and descriptions, CLICK HERE. You’ll need to return to this page to cast your votes.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. You can also use the scroll bar above, beside the photos, to scroll and see the hidden ones.
- dreaming of dresden (45%, 568 Votes)
- Batik Dresdens (24%, 301 Votes)
- Wedding Dresden Plate (23%, 291 Votes)
- Mini Dresden Journal Cover (8%, 106 Votes)
- A mother's love (8%, 104 Votes)
- Watermelon Whimsy (7%, 84 Votes)
- Flannel Treasure (6%, 75 Votes)
- My sister, my friend (5%, 59 Votes)
- Dresden Plate Monthly Challenge (5%, 59 Votes)
- Dresden Wedding (4%, 57 Votes)
- Birthday Plates (4%, 54 Votes)
- Double Delight (4%, 48 Votes)
- Rays of Sunshine (3%, 39 Votes)
- Mini Christmas Dresden (3%, 34 Votes)
- Sunkissed (2%, 31 Votes)
- Birthday Pillow for my Mom's 82nd (2%, 28 Votes)
- Cath Kidston Dresden Plate Tote Bag My Way (2%, 28 Votes)
- blue and white dresdens (2%, 23 Votes)
- Natalie! (2%, 21 Votes)
- Dresden Calendars (2%, 21 Votes)
- Dresden Kansas Sunflower Bag (1%, 17 Votes)
- Happy Dresden (1%, 13 Votes)
- Erna's Table (1%, 13 Votes)
- In the Pink Dresdens (1%, 11 Votes)
- Lisa's Dresden Mixer Cover (1%, 10 Votes)
- Double Dresden Flower (1%, 8 Votes)
- Cheerful springtime Dresden's (1%, 7 Votes)
- dresden (0%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,272
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s contest is Just Squares & Rectangles. You can submit quilts, table runners, mug rugs, pillows, etc. as long as the item is completely finished (i.e. bound and quilted). Get your cameras out!
Weekly Quilt Contest Links
- Submit your photo
- 2012 Themes, Winners & Sponsors
- Sponsor a contest – only a few dates left for 2012
The Learning Center
In the Learning Center this week, Pat Sloan explores the very base of our craft, the pieced block. She invited Faith Jones of Fresh Lemon Quilts to guest post and Faith created an excellent basic piecing tutorial with tips for all quilters. Be sure to check out the give-away too.
Read the post here: The Pieced Quilt Block!
Join the FUN: Mystery Quilt by Email
Last year, Heather Spence hosted a Mystery Quilt By Email to raise funds for her mom’s stem cell transplant. Now, Heather’s hosting another Mystery Quilt to help another family stricken by cancer and ever-increasing medical bills. I hope you’ll join the Mystery Quilt FUN and help too.
More information here: Join the FUN: Mystery Quilt by Email!