Happy Memories .. a quilt for ME!

Happy Memories - in loving memory of Pal, Slade and Daniel.

Fabric is part of the a fat quarter bundle of the Happy line from Me and My Sisters from last Spring. Pattern is a free tutorial called Rectangle Squared from Film in the Fridge (a great blog by the way!). My top finishes at 55″ x 78″.

I managed to use an entire spool (1,300 metres) of 50 wt. Aurifil thread in the making and quilting of this quilt. I used Quilter’s Dream Cotton batting in request weight. I love working with this batting.

Planning the layout.

Spray basted and ready for quilting.

The quilting.

The front.

The back.

Quilting close up.

Posted: July 28th, 2011

Topics: My Quilting Journey

29 Responses to “Happy Memories .. a quilt for ME!”

1. Vicki W says:

How nice to have a quilt for yourself and especially one so full of memories!

2. Laura says:

This is a beautiful quilt! So cheerful.

3. Dar says:

I can’t see the nice buttery yellow online … boo!

so it’s even nicer in person!

4. Oh this is magnificent! I just love it! Excellent job, Michele. It’s beautiful!

5. Anita says:

It’s beautiful…did you quilt that entirely on your regular sewing machine?!?!??! if so, you’ve inspired me!

6. khris says:

I love the Happy fabric range and all that quilting you did on it is fantastic…..you rock!!!
    Hugs Khris

7. I totally agree, this is a beautiful quilt and I also admire and love hearing how young Max is growing up. I follow his progress and love that blog!

8. Of course, I forgot to mention the blog I love is Film in the Fridge!

9. Ruthie says:

I love it! Your fabric choices are wonderful.

10. It is beautiful, may it wrap you in nothing but happy memories for many years to come!

11. That’s a beautiful quilt, Michele. Love those colours and the layout. What a wonderful gift to give yourself!

12. Laura says:

Thanks for sharing Michelle! I love it! You inspire me!

13. Cille says:

Lovely colorful quilt. I recently finished a quilt for my self as well and my kids keep steeling it *LOL* Well, w What better excuse to start a new one :)

14. Susan says:

A lovely quilt! Wonderful bright colors, I would keep it too!

15. Connie says:

Beautiful quilt Michele! Love the colors, pattern and your quilting!

16. FANTASTIC!!! and I love to see it looking so inviting already “crinkled”
    Now I know that those spools of Aurifil go a long long way so it really gives me a good sense of the work you put into this.

Hope you happily enjoy it for many many years to come

17. Michelle,

What a beautiful quilt. I love this pattern and it is on my list of quilts ‘to do’. Congratulations on the finish!

18. Tam says:

Gorgeous quilt. L love color & this quilt does colors very well. Love love love it :)

19. [...] Happy Memories .. a quilt for ME! After many, many moons, I’ve finally finished a quilt for ME! I started this quilt the day I heard that Daniel was not going to recover. I worked on it for a few days, but then put it away until more recently. Source: quiltinggallery.com [...]

20. Deborah says:

What a wonderful quilt! I love the quilting and the fabric.

21. Sha says:

What an adorable quilt! I love that line of fabric.

22. Amber T says:

That’s a very pretty quilt! I’m finishing one for myself right now, so I understand how nice it is to keep one. I’ve made about 10 and this is only the 2nd for me.

23. Gailene says:

It is good to see it finished! And looking all poofy and comforting. The colours make me think of summery days and gardens in bloom. It will be a great comfort during the gray days and chilly nights of winter.

24. Klaudia says:

ohh, what abeautiful quilt, so very nice!
    The colours so nice, too….and that free quilting so correctly…

(sorry, my english is not good;-))

Greatings from Germany,
    Klaudia

25. Charo says:

I love it, it’s so colourful. The quilting is so nice.
    I bought this fabric too. You gave me an idea.
    Congratulations!

26. Debora says:

Precioso, yo quiero uno..!!!!!!!!

27. Doris says:

Wunderschön, beautiful

28. Linda says:

This is gorgeous! Love the wrinkled goodness.

29. Absolutely beautiful!!! Love the colors and the quilting. I wish I could baste like you, my quilts always end up with lots of wrinkles in the back.