Grab yourself a cup of coffee (or two) and browse the gorgeous Valentine’s Day Quilts for this week’s themed quilt contest. Thanks to everyone that has entered and shared their beautiful creations with us.
This week’s contest is sponsored by Smith Mountain Lake Quilting who has donated a $30 gift certificate for this week’s winner.
A sweet deal for everyone: From now through Valentine’s Day, Smith Mountain Lake Quilting are offering 15% off all their current selection of Valentine fabrics and flannels. This sale includes Hearts Aflutter, Flirtations and Candy Kisses. Also, all orders placed by Quilting Gallery enthusiasts will also qualify for an additional 10% off all regular priced items. Type in code valentinepromo021411 at checkout on their website.
Wanted: A sponsor for next week’s contest. Having a sale next week? Want some awesome exposure for your quilting products or web site. The theme is two-coloured quilts, and it’s sure to be very popular. Contact me!
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourite!
- Voting is open Friday – Sunday @ 11:59 p.m.
- One vote per IP address (NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
- Winner announced Monday!
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a circular button** beside each one. Select the button for the quilt you want to vote for.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the names of quilts. Then press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the circular buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted or that the voting period has ended. Shared IP Addresses are very common in home or work networks.
Please Note: If you are not seeing all of the photos, check your browser settings. Go to view, and text size. Make sure it’s set at medium. If you need web sites to be larger so you can read them more easily, then use the browser’s Zoom function, not the text resize. This is a known bug and hopefully I’ll have it fixed soon.
- My Valentine Tree (22%, 61 Votes)
- Spectrum of Love (13%, 36 Votes)
- Butterfly Pillow (8%, 23 Votes)
- Give one's heart (8%, 22 Votes)
- Crazy for Hearts (8%, 21 Votes)
- HEARTS A PLENTY (7%, 19 Votes)
- You've Stolen My Heart (6%, 17 Votes)
- Love in Bloom (Gail Fearon) (5%, 14 Votes)
- Love in Bloom (Julie Fukuda) (4%, 11 Votes)
- Suzanne's Quilt (3%, 9 Votes)
- Valentine Mini (3%, 9 Votes)
- my valentine (3%, 8 Votes)
- Victorian garden (3%, 7 Votes)
- Crazy at Heart (1%, 4 Votes)
- I love you my daughter (1%, 4 Votes)
- Hearts All Around (1%, 4 Votes)
- Butterfly Garden (1%, 3 Votes)
- L-O-V-E (1%, 2 Votes)
- Hearts in Bloom (1%, 2 Votes)
- Hearts For Gracie (1%, 2 Votes)
- Random Hearts (0%, 1 Votes)
- Candy Hearts (0%, 1 Votes)
- Table runner (0%, 0 Votes)
- Sundae (0%, 0 Votes)
- HVD! (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 280
Facebook, email subscribers and RSS readers: You need to visit the Quilting Gallery blog to vote and to enter the give-away: CLICK HERE
Next Week’s Contest
The theme for next week’s quilt contest is Two-Coloured Quilts. Get your cameras out and Submit your Quilt Photo.
Free Talking Threads Video Series
Talking Threads is an exciting 10 part series about the colourful world of contemporary textile art, and you can watch it for free. Click here for the information and to register