Vote Now: Miniature Quilts

photo-contests

Grab yourself a cup of coffee (or two!) and browse this week’s fabulous Miniature Quilts. Every week, I’m amazed and inspired by all the wonderful quilts submitted. Thanks to everyone that has entered and shared their beautiful creations with all of us.

One lucky quilter will win a $50 gift certificate to use as she/he likes from The Fat Quarter Shop.

Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourite Miniature quilt!!

• Voting is open Friday – Sunday @ 11:59 p.m.
  • One vote per IP address (NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt (from home if you send it to coworkers)
  • Winner announced Monday!
  • New: in the event of a tie at the end of voting, 5 random Facebook quilters will be asked to vote again to break the tie.

Miniatures

• Let Freedom Ring! (20%, 271 Votes)
  • Autumn (16%, 217 Votes)
  • Bears Circling the Trees (8%, 114 Votes)
  • Give Me Liberty (7%, 90 Votes)
  • Red Squares (6%, 85 Votes)
  • Three little birds (6%, 83 Votes)
  • Album Quilt (5%, 72 Votes)
  • Pineapples at Mom's (5%, 65 Votes)
  • Blooming Sunflower (4%, 50 Votes)
  • Mini Star (3%, 39 Votes)
  • The Little Engine that Could (3%, 37 Votes)
  • Cheddar Jo (2%, 33 Votes)
  • Cafe` Latte (2%, 32 Votes)
  • One Grew over the Garden Gate (2%, 30 Votes)
  • The House that Love Built (1%, 19 Votes)
  • Blue Geese (1%, 19 Votes)
  • "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" (1%, 17 Votes)
  • Round the Twist (1%, 16 Votes)
  • Lime Spider's Revenge (1%, 16 Votes)
  • 15 Block Miniature Sampler (1%, 16 Votes)
  • Interlaced Star Mini (1%, 14 Votes)
  • Haberdashery (1%, 10 Votes)
  • Mini Pinwheels (1%, 9 Votes)
  • Coming Home (1%, 8 Votes)
  • Texas Star (0%, 6 Votes)
  • Crayon Box (0%, 4 Votes)
  • Chloe's Dollhouse Quilt (0%, 3 Votes)
  • Fall Leaves Mini (0%, 3 Votes)
  • DeVere Daisy (0%, 2 Votes)
  • Tinman (1%, 1 Votes)

Total Voters: 1,381

Loading ... Loading ...

Next week’s theme is Watercolour Quilts. Get your cameras out!

Please note: I encourage you to submit your quilts early for next week’s contest as it’s highly likely the site will be undergoing an extended maintenance period during the middle of the week.

Facebook, email subscribers and RSS readers: You need to visit the Quilting Gallery blog to vote: CLICK HERE

Posted: August 27th, 2010

Topics: Quilt Gallery, Special Features

18 Responses to “Vote Now: Miniature Quilts”

1. Carolyn Wooton says:

Joyfull quilt.

2. Lynda LeCompte says:

nice pattern and good colors

3. amy says:

such beautiful quilts

4. Lisa says:

Just love Liberty prints :)

5. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by MishkaOttawa, MishkaOttawa, Julie Mills, Ryan Walsh, Ryan Walsh and others. Ryan Walsh said: Please vote for my mini quilt in the Quilting Gallery Mini Contest. Sponsored by @FatQuarterShop http://tinyurl.com/2ex8u8o [...]

6. Gerda de Jongh says:

TRADITIONAL LOG CABIN TECHNIQUE IS WHAT i LOVE ABOUT THIS QUILT.
    AND THE COLOURS !!

7. Ryan Walsh says:

There are so many beautiful quilts here. I know everyone will have a hard time choosing their favorites.

8. ksm330 says:

“Let freedom ring” is amazing. The amount of time it must have taken to piece that together. There has got to be over 700 pieces (non of which are square) in an area less than 8″ X 8″.

Nice Work!!!!!

9. Susanne says:

“Let Freedom Ring” is wonderful – the intricacy is unbelievable. I know this quilter and her miniature work is a wonder.

10. Debi R says:

I want to know how Peggy Mead in Florida got the binding on her Let Freedom Ring hexagon quilt. I’d need a strong magnifying glass!!! Great job!

11. Bellgirl says:

What a lovely collection! It was hard to choose one favorite.

12. Lorenda says:

Wow! I love all of them, so wonderful. Thank you for sharing them with us!

13. [...] to Peggy Mead for winning last week’s Miniatures quilt contest. Peggy’s Let Freedom Ring! quilt is made with 1/4″ hexagons. I [...]

14. Peggy Mead says:

Thank you very much to everyone who voted for my little quilt, Let Freedom Ring! It was a very exciting contest. This quilt means a lot to me and was fun and challenging to make. A special thank you to Fat Quarter Shop for sponsoring the contest and to Michele for hosting and having such a great venue.

I’d like to answer Debi R.’s comment about the binding on my quilt. It is 1/8″ wide. Because it is so small and the quilt is a hexagon, I actually had to invent a new way to put the binding on. Traditional methods did not work. I’m glad you like it.

Thank you to all of the entrants for sharing their wonderful mini quilts with everyone. I enjoyed them all.

15. Peggy You did such an excellent job with this ,I love to make anything miniture but this has got to be a real challege to make .I am so glad you won !

16. Peggy Mead says:

ksm330, Susanne, Debi R. and Cheryl,

Thank you for all of your nice comments. They are appreciated.

17. esther moses says:

let freedom ring looks amazing.

18. Sally Weigand says:

I want to vote for The House That Love Built miniature quilt but can’t find where to do that.