- BOB = Beginner’s Only Block (swap)
- BOM = Block of the Month
- DSM = Domestic Sewing Machine
- DWR = Double Wedding Ring
- FART = Fabric Aquisition Road Trip
- FIU = Finish It Up
- FQ = Fat Quarter
- HST = Half-Square Triangle
- HSY = Haven’t Started Yet
- LAQ= Long Arm Quilter
- LQS = Local Quilt Shop
- MAQ = Mid-Arm Quilter
- OBW = One-Block Wonder
- PHD = Project Half Done
- PIGS = Projects in Grocery Sacks
- SABLE = Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy
- SEX = Stash Enhancing eXperience (or eXcursion)
- STASH = Special Treasures All Secretly Hidden
- TGIF = Thank God It’s Finished!
- TOT = Tone-on-Tone
- UFO = UnFinshed Object
- WHIMM = Works Hidden In My Mind
- WIP = Work In Progress
- WISP = Work In Slow Progress
- WIVSP = Work In Very Slow Progress
- WIWMI = Wish It Would Make Itself
- WOF = Width of Fabric
- WOMBAT = Waste of Money, Batting, and Time
- WOW = White On White
- WWIT = What Was I Thinking
Thanks to The Quilting Cat for permission to republish.
8 thoughts on “Quilters’ Acronyms”
LOLOL I LIKE these ones .. not quite your traditional acronyms .. sweet!
Thanx for sharing these Mich and Quilting Cat for permission to repost :D
grace’s last blog post..April Wordle
my cousin gave me another one simililar to HSY…
WILTS — what I’d Like To Start.
peggyann’s last blog post..Spring’s here
I love these. There should be one for all the quilt books and magazines I accumulate. Maybe “PORN – publications of ruinous nature.”
And I’m really overdue for SEX. . .
threeundertwo’s last blog post..Finished for Friday: Obama and Ort Report
These are great! This one will be my “slogan” for a short time: FIU (finish it up).
This is nice. Thanks for sharing. Some of those I never knew.
Judy Laquidara’s last blog post..The Long Road Home
Great, thanks a lot. It helps to read some blogs better. Birgit
I love acronyms. I would say that I was PMSL, but that might be a bit NSFW. LOL
.-= Bob’s latest post: Fresh UFO activity in Manchester airspace =-.
PMSing preparing material for strip piecing
Comments are closed.