I made this Purple Magic Tiles quilt for my parents this past Christmas. It’s a Kathleen Bissett pattern, and was pretty easy to accomplish.
On the other hand, the binding I did was rather difficult. 2.5″ pieces separated by 1″ black pieces, stripped together. I had pressed towards the black strips, which resulted in a few too many layers to sew through once I was attaching the binding to the wrong side of the quilt. Next time, I’d press the seams open to balance out the thickness some. I’d even be tempted to run a basting stitch 1/8″ from the end of the binding before attaching it to the quilt to keep those little pieces from coming apart.
Next up, make one for myself… but I used all the pretty purples for my folks, so I guess a shopping trip is in order to replenish my stock.
Download Five FREE Quilt Block Tutorials:
Stay in touch ... Join my NEWSLETTER: