*New in 2013* – The Quilters’ Show and Tell replaces the weekly quilt contests that I have hosted for the past three years.
Join the fun! Show off your wonderful quilting creations by submitting a quilt and be inspired by what your quilting friends have made. Additionally, each Friday visit the blog to see the week’s submissions, vote for your favourites, and everyone can enter a give-away from our sponsor.
How does it work?
- On Monday, a new weekly theme is announced along with the guest judges for that week.
- You submit a photo of a quilt that you’ve made that represents the weekly theme. It can be a work-in-progress! We want to see it all.
- Quilt photos submitted will be featured on the blog on Friday morning along with the sponsor info and the prizes for that week. Additionally, everyone visiting the site can enter the weekly give-away.
- Voting is done by visitors to the Quilting Gallery site from Friday to Monday morning and the guest judges (see below for more info).
- Only one vote per IP address, so have your friends and family come by to cast a ballot! You can invite everyone to visit the contest page to vote and enter the give-away, including friends from web forums and Yahoo groups.
- The winner will be announced the following Monday.
New for 2013, each week there will be two guest judges. These judges will be given 100 bonus points to assign to their favourite quilts. They can assign all 100 points to one quilt or they can split it up between a maximum of four entries. The choice is theirs. The bonus points will be added to the votes received during the weekend voting by site visitors, to determine the winning quilter for the week. In the event of a tie, I will select the winner.
At this time, guest judges are by personal invitation only and are individuals that I have a worked with in the past. They may not enter the event they are a judge of, but can enter other weekly events.
Providing I have a sponsor for each week, there will also be a give-away open to everyone visiting the site during the weekend voting. Visitors will simply leave a comment on that post, answering that week’s question, to be entered in the give-away.
How to Enter your Quilt
Your quilt/project should represent the weekly theme in some way, either by design or the fabrics chosen. If there are more specific rules for a given week, those will be indicated in the Monday post.
The quilt you enter must be your own creation. It must be something you made yourself, but does not have to be something you personally designed. Giving credit to the designer, when known, is encouraged. If someone else did the quilting for you, please be sure to give proper credit to your quilter too. The quilt you enter does not have to be one made this year nor does it have to be complete.
Long-arm quilters: You can submit a photo of a quilt you completed for a client, however, it is your responsibility to get permission from your client to do so. Please be sure to give proper credit to the quilt-maker.
When you submit your photo, you will need to know the approximate height and width of the quilt you are entering. (Not the photo size, the actual quilt.) Additionally, you can also enter a short (300 characters) description about the quilt. Include appropriate credit as indicated above where needed.
One entry per person each week. While you can enter each week, you can only be awarded a prize once every four weeks. If you should have the most votes for more than one week within a four week period, the actual prize will be awarded to the person with the next highest votes.
Note: The sponsor may wish to feature the winning quilt on their own blog or in their newsletter. By entering the contest, you are giving them permission to do so.
It’s not possible to enter a quilt for an upcoming theme in advance.
To sponsor a weekly Quilters’ Show and Tell event, please send me an email and I’ll send you the information package.
Please share one of the logos below on your own blog. The more quilts submitted, the more exciting the Show and Tell!