Quilter’s Market – innovative marketing for designers, authors, publishers and distributors of quilting products
OTTAWA, JUNE 15/10 – The latest addition to the Quilting Gallery community web site, Quilter’s Market, is expected to showcase 500 quilt-related products this year.
"My goal with Quilter’s Market is to offer a simple and inexpensive way for designers, authors, publishers and distributors to promote their quilting products directly to quilters from around the world." says Michele Foster, creator of the Quilting Gallery.
"I see Quilter’s Market as an online version of a fabulous quilt show, one that can be browsed from the comfort of home," Foster adds. "So many quilters do not have the opportunity to attend one of the huge shows; I want the Quilter’s Market to bring the products to them."
- Product listings include product name, a detailed description, keywords, unlimited photos, a link to purchase the product, as well as links to the artist’s web site, blog, Facebook, Twitter and publisher
- Quilting product types include patterns, books, magazines, CDs, DVDs & software, notions & fabric and quilter’s gifts
- Products are further characterized by technique (e.g. appliqué, quilting, etc.), experience level and numerous sub-categories (e.g. holidays, table runners, etc.), making it easy for quilters to find products of interest to them
- Product listings can be updated at any time in the easy-to-use administration area
- To list a product in Quilter’s Market is just $6 (goes up to $8 after June 30, 2010)
"Traditional marketing can be both time-consuming and expensive. Listing products in the Quilter’s Market is neither of those." says Foster.
Quilter’s Market is part of the Quilting Gallery community web site. It includes the Quilting Bloggers directory – with more than 4,200 members from 71 countries – the Quilting Gallery Blog, which has free patterns, tutorials, swaps, guest bloggers, weekly contests and quilting events, and the Quilt Shop Locator, a unique map-based directory of quilt shops, online quilting retailers and other quilting professionals throughout the world.
Quilting Gallery creator Michele Foster is a web developer based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. She is passionate about quilting and web development, pairing the two to create an excellent resource for quilters around the globe.
For more information, contact Michele Foster at email@example.com or