Grab yourself a pencil and some paper as it’s voting time for this week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event. The theme is Star Quilts and there are several to inspire you.
Our guest judge for this week is Sandra from Sandra’s Craft Corner. She’ll have 100 bonus points to assign to up to four quilts.
A Quilter’s Christmas Carol Give-Away
Author and quilter Deidre Rae McLeod is this week’s sponsor and she has the perfect stocking stuffer gift for you and your quilting friends. In her own words…
Fed up with the frustrations of holiday quilting? I was, too… until visited late one Christmas Eve by the ghosts of Christmas Quilting Past, Present and Future! Learn the true meaning of Christmas Quilting with your own copy of “A Quilter’s Christmas Carol” – Dickens’ classic holiday tale told from a quilter’s point of view.
This 21-page, 4.25″ x 7″ soft cover gift book is perfect as a stocking stuffer or for Secret Santa exchanges and includes directions for creating your own Quilter’s Christmas Carol Block.
Deidre has donated four copies of her A Quilter’s Christmas Carol book. The top two quilters will each win one and two site visitors that leave a comment below will also each win a copy.
Give-Away for everyone to enter:
To enter the give-away, leave a comment below answering “What is your favourite Christmas story or book?”. You have until Monday, December 2nd, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EST) to enter the give-away. Winners will be chosen randomly and notified via email.
This Week’s Quilts
Here are this week’s Star Quilts:
Please note: if you are viewing this post via email or your RSS reader, you’ll need to click through to the blog post to see the quilts and vote.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to Monday, December 2nd, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EST)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced next week
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to FOUR favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
- Patternista Stars (23%, 134 Votes)
- Spiral Lone Star (22%, 124 Votes)
- Stars over Adelaide (19%, 112 Votes)
- Starburst by Dereck C. Lockwood (15%, 86 Votes)
- Rainbow Star (10%, 57 Votes)
- Starburst (Krista Zaleski) (10%, 57 Votes)
- Feathered Star and Cardinal (9%, 51 Votes)
- Grandma's Star (9%, 50 Votes)
- Beka's and Zack's Wedding Quilt - August 2013 (9%, 50 Votes)
- Joseph's Coat (8%, 47 Votes)
- Montana Constellation (8%, 44 Votes)
- Batik Stars (7%, 40 Votes)
- Berry Blitz (6%, 37 Votes)
- Zodiacstars (6%, 36 Votes)
- wish upon a star (6%, 33 Votes)
- Sea Glass (5%, 31 Votes)
- Batik Mystery (5%, 28 Votes)
- Mystery quilt (4%, 25 Votes)
- Stars and Sparkles (4%, 23 Votes)
- A Pound of Stars (4%, 23 Votes)
- Stars Aligned (4%, 22 Votes)
- estrellas en la noche (3%, 20 Votes)
- Star Quilt (3%, 17 Votes)
- Follow the Stars (3%, 16 Votes)
- Lone Star (3%, 15 Votes)
- Tree of Life (2%, 14 Votes)
- Garden Star (2%, 13 Votes)
- Dashing Stars (2%, 12 Votes)
- Diamond Star Layer Cake Quilt (2%, 9 Votes)
- Starburst (Teresa Weaver) (1%, 7 Votes)
- stars awhirl (1%, 4 Votes)
- Folk Art Wedding Stars (1%, 3 Votes)
- stars for dolly (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 575
Next Week’s Show & Tell
The theme for next week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell is Christmas Table Runners. Any quilting technique is welcome (paper pieced, appliqué, pieced, etc.). Unfinished table runners are welcome as well. Please don’t submit a table runner you’ve already entered in the past… let’s see something different! Also, our last event of the year will be Christmas (not table runners), so plan your submissions for these two weeks accordingly.
To enter: Submit your photo before Friday, December 6th, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. (EST). If you are new here, please also read the Guidelines for additional information.