Grab yourself a pencil and some paper as it’s voting time for this week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event. The theme is Two Colour Quilts. Please note, that I modified the theme earlier this week, allowing two colour plus background colour quilts to be entered.
This week’s guest judge is Sandra from Sandra’s Craft Corner. She’ll have 100 bonus points to assign to up to four quilts.
Give-Away from The Caffeinated Quilter
Hello again! Emily Breclaw here from The Caffeinated Quilter, and I am so excited to be sponsoring the Two-Colour Quilts Show and Tell! For the past month, I’ve been busy wrapping up three new patterns to debut at Fall Quilt Market, and I’d like to share them with you today as well.
Each of these patterns features the detailed steps and diagrams you’ve come to expect from The Caffeinated Quilter. All three patterns are available at a special sale price through my Craftsy store this week. And if you’re at Quilt Market, be sure to stop by the Pattern Peddlers booths to see the quilts in person!
Metacognition is a great quilt for playing with color/contrast. The pattern includes a design worksheet, so you can audition color layouts (and I bet it would look really cool with a two-colour layout as well!)
This is a huge, fun and slightly silly quilt just in time for Christmas. If you start now, you’ll be snuggling under it in plenty of time for the holidays.
I used the original design for this quilt to make a Hoffman Challenge quilt. That quilt is currently touring with the collection, so I made this one slightly larger for the pattern. This quilt makes a stunning large wallhanging or throw quilt. It’s also a fantastic place to show off fussy-cutting and sparkly Asian fabrics.
This week’s winners will receive a copy of each of my Emily’s three new patterns. The top quilter with the most community votes and guest judge points will win as well as one person that leaves a comment below.
To enter the give-away: Visit Emily’s Pattern Store, then leave a comment below answering “Which pattern is your favourite?”. You have until Monday, October 28th, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. to enter.
This Week’s Quilts
Here are this week’s Two Colour Quilts:
Please note: if you are viewing this post via email or your RSS reader, you’ll need to click through to the blog post to see the quilts and vote.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to Monday, October 28th, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced next week
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to THREE favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
Two Colour Quilts
- Blue Snowflakes Table Topper (22%, 142 Votes)
- Just Takes 2 (22%, 141 Votes)
- Ruby Crystal (18%, 120 Votes)
- Windmills (18%, 118 Votes)
- Block boxes (17%, 113 Votes)
- Blue & White Kaleidoscope Quilt (17%, 111 Votes)
- Colouring-book quilt (13%, 85 Votes)
- Rubies (was Fons & Porters Emeralds pattern) (12%, 79 Votes)
- It Takes Two in Blue (12%, 78 Votes)
- Burgoyne Surrounded (9%, 58 Votes)
- Chocolate Stars (8%, 51 Votes)
- Petit bateux (7%, 43 Votes)
- Lilacs & Lemonade (6%, 41 Votes)
- Black & White (5%, 33 Votes)
- Jessica's Double Irish Chain (5%, 31 Votes)
- Semi-Sweet (5%, 30 Votes)
- Anna's quilt (4%, 24 Votes)
- Crossknot (4%, 23 Votes)
- Christmas Lap Quilt (3%, 19 Votes)
- Kit Carson (2%, 16 Votes)
- Rapid fire hunters square (2%, 16 Votes)
- Merlot (2%, 12 Votes)
- Re-purposed Wedding Dress (2%, 12 Votes)
Total Voters: 655
Next Week’s Show & Tell
The theme for next week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell is Halloween Fun Quilts. Any quilt size and technique is acceptable and unfinished quilt tops are welcome as well. Please don’t submit a quilt you’ve already entered in the past… let’s see something different!
Read the Guidelines and submit your photo before Friday, November 1st, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).
There are no more sponsorship dates available for 2013. The themes and dates for 2014 will be available in December.
Show & Tell Links
Craftsy 24-Hour Flash Sale
There are several great online classes available in today’s 24-Hour Flash Sale from Craftsy.