Grab yourself a pencil and some paper as it’s voting time for this week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event. The theme is Scrappy Star Quilts.
This week’s guest judge is Vicki from Field Trips in Fiber. She’ll both have 100 bonus points to assign to up to four quilts.
Give-Away from the Fat Quarter Shop
The Fat Quarter Shop was founded in 2003 by Kimberly Jolly. An avid quilter, Kimberly began her shop as a side business while still working a corporate position, cutting, packing and shipping right out of her house during evenings and weekends. From the very beginning, she was committed to delivering top-notch service for every single order and customer. As the Fat Quarter Shop’s reputation grew, Kimberly decided to make it a full-time operation. Her husband Kevin joined her not long after, and with his help, lots of hard work, and a tireless commitment, the store began to grow. Over the past few years a few more people have joined the staff!
As a team, we continue to branch out with the best fabrics, exclusive kits, quilt clubs, BOMs, and more. And we will always be driven by the passion that Kimberly founded the store upon, which is always giving you the best products and service!
The Fat Quarter Shop will be donating two Strip Rolls (2.5″ strips) of Just My Type by Patty Young. One will be awarded to the top quilter with the most votes (community votes plus guest judge points) and the other randomly given away to someone leaving a comment below.
To enter the give-away: Visit the NEW Jelly Rolls page at the Fat Quarter Shop, then leave a comment below answering “What’s your favourite new Jelly Roll? You have until Monday, October 21st, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. to enter.
This Week’s Quilts
Here are this week’s Scrappy Star Quilts:
Please note: if you are viewing this post via email or your RSS reader, you’ll need to click through to the blog post to see the quilts and vote.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to Monday, October 21st, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced next week
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to THREE favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
- Stars in Paradise (32%, 236 Votes)
- Scrappy Hunter Star (20%, 145 Votes)
- Mariner's Compass Stars in window (19%, 137 Votes)
- Stars (16%, 116 Votes)
- Bounce (16%, 114 Votes)
- Stars in Her Eyes (14%, 101 Votes)
- Sternstunde / Hour of stars (11%, 84 Votes)
- Jasmine star. (11%, 80 Votes)
- A Pound of Stars (9%, 69 Votes)
- Waltzing in Time (8%, 61 Votes)
- Wonky Star Baby Quilt (8%, 58 Votes)
- How Many Stars does it take to Make a Quilt (7%, 54 Votes)
- Raven Star quilted greeting card (5%, 33 Votes)
- Wish upon a star! (4%, 30 Votes)
- oh my stars! (4%, 30 Votes)
- Scrappy Star Table Runner (4%, 27 Votes)
- Stardust (1%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 732
Next Week’s Show & Tell
The theme for next week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell is Two Colour Quilts. Variations in colour are fine, but the quilt should read as two colours. If you are unsure if your quilt qualifies, send me a photo via email to review. Any quilt size and technique is acceptable and unfinished quilt tops are welcome as well. Please don’t submit a quilt you’ve already entered in the past… let’s see something different!
Read the Guidelines and submit your photo before Friday, October 25th, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT).
There are no more sponsorship dates available for 2013. The themes and dates for 2014 will be available in December.