Grab yourself a pencil and some paper as it’s voting time for this week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event. The theme is Modern Geometric Quilts. There are 26 gorgeous quilts to inspire you.
This week’s guest judge is Karen Faeries and Fibres. She’ll have 100 bonus points to assign to up to four quilts.
Give-Away from Mishka’s Playground
Mishka’s Playground is my own quilting design web site. It’s currently under construction but will hopefully be updated in the next few weeks. I’ve created the new site to showcase my own quilting designs and tutorials. Below are a few of my patterns with more coming soon.
For this week, I will be giving away copies of my patterns. The winners get to choose which two patterns or the booklet that they’d like. The quilter with the most community votes and guest judge points and one person leaving a comment below will win. Don’t worry, if you purchase one of my patterns and then win the give-away, I’ll refund your purchase price.
To enter the give-away: Leave a comment below answering: “What’s your favourite kind of pie?”. It’s Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, and I’ve been dreaming of pumpkin pie for weeks. You have until Monday, October 14th, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EDT) to enter the give-away.
This Week’s Quilts
Here are this week’s Modern Geometric Quilts:
Please note: if you are viewing this post via email or your RSS reader, you’ll need to click through to the blog post to see the quilts and vote.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to Monday, October 14th, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilts
- Winner announced next week
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to THREE favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
Modern Geometric (Solids)
- Esfera efecto volumen (36%, 135 Votes)
- Black and White (21%, 79 Votes)
- Carson's Star (17%, 62 Votes)
- Wipey Box Quilt (16%, 60 Votes)
- Sixpointed star (13%, 50 Votes)
- Whirling Stars (13%, 47 Votes)
- Whisper (13%, 47 Votes)
- Poppies (11%, 43 Votes)
- Rainbow Fever (11%, 40 Votes)
- Texas Teardrop (10%, 37 Votes)
- Outside the box (9%, 32 Votes)
- Pointed (7%, 26 Votes)
- Ghost Layers (7%, 25 Votes)
- Taking Flight (6%, 21 Votes)
- Pegs Space Crystal Too (5%, 17 Votes)
- MY FIRST CHEVRON QUILT (4%, 15 Votes)
- Kaleidescope (4%, 14 Votes)
- Modern Square (3%, 12 Votes)
- Chain Linked Eye Candy (2%, 8 Votes)
- Ring Around the Rainbow (2%, 7 Votes)
- Uneven Rail Fence for Wheeler Mission (2%, 6 Votes)
- Geocache Quilt (1%, 5 Votes)
- Think Positive (1%, 5 Votes)
- Marcia's Quilts Built by Imagination (1%, 4 Votes)
- Purple Passion (1%, 3 Votes)
- Train stop (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 374
Next Week’s Show & Tell
The theme for next week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell is Scrappy Stars. Any quilting technique, size or shape is acceptable and unfinished quilts are welcome as well. Please don’t submit a quilt you’ve already entered in the past… let’s see something different!
To enter: Submit your photo before Friday, October 18th, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). If you are new here, please also read the Guidelines for additional information.
There are no more sponsorship dates available for 2013. The themes and dates for 2014 will be available in December.