Grab yourself a pencil and some paper as it’s voting time for this week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event. The theme is Quilts for Teens. There are 21 gorgeous quilts to inspire you.
This week’s guest judge is Jenny from Jenny H. Quilts. She’ll have 100 bonus points to assign to up to four quilts.
Give-Away from Mishka’s Playground
Mishka’s Playground is my own quilting design web site. It’s currently under construction but will hopefully be updated in the next few weeks. I’ve created the new site to showcase my own quilting designs and tutorials. Below are a few of the patterns I put up this week. More to come soon!
I will be giving away four copies of my patterns. The winners get to choose which pattern or booklet they’d like. Two will be awarded to the quilters with the most community and guest judge points and two will be randomly awarded to those that leave a comment below. Don’t worry, if you purchase one of my patterns and then win the give-away, I’ll refund your purchase price.
To enter the give-away: Leave a comment below answering: “Have you started your Christmas quilting? What are you making as gifts?”. You have until Monday, September 23rd, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EDT) to enter the give-away.
This Week’s Quilts
Here are this week’s Quilts for Teens:
Please note: if you are viewing this post via email or your RSS reader, you’ll need to click through to the blog post to see the quilts and vote.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to Monday, September 23, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EDT)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilts
- Winner announced next week
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to THREE favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
Quilts for Teens
- A Sampler of Guitars (24%, 111 Votes)
- Bubbles (21%, 98 Votes)
- Orange Crush (19%, 86 Votes)
- Hugs and Kisses (17%, 77 Votes)
- Lucky quilt (12%, 56 Votes)
- ROCK ON! (11%, 52 Votes)
- Scraps and Pieces of Childhood (10%, 47 Votes)
- Robyn's Quilt (10%, 45 Votes)
- Rowbert the Robot (8%, 38 Votes)
- Wild Horses (7%, 32 Votes)
- Black and Gold Hexies by Halves (7%, 30 Votes)
- Flowers (6%, 28 Votes)
- Wonky Blocks (6%, 26 Votes)
- Hannah's Quilt (5%, 25 Votes)
- I love mustaches! (5%, 25 Votes)
- Violins (5%, 25 Votes)
- Sweetest Sixteen (5%, 23 Votes)
- Jeans Plus (5%, 22 Votes)
- Butnte Wiese ( colourful meadow ) (4%, 20 Votes)
- Gracie Girl visits the Farm (3%, 14 Votes)
- Joren's Quilt (3%, 12 Votes)
Total Voters: 456
Next Week’s Show & Tell
The theme for next week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell is Flying Geese quilts. Your quilt does not have to be made up entirely of flying geese, but they should play a prominent role in the design. Any size or shape of is acceptable and unfinished quilts are welcome as well. Please don’t submit a quilt you’ve already entered in the past… let’s see something different!
To enter: Submit your photo before Friday, September 27th, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). If you are new here, please also read the Guidelines for additional information.
- Sept. 30 – Fall’s Glory
- Oct. 21 – Two Colour Quilts
- Oct. 28 - Halloween Fun
- Nov. 4 – Quilting Close-Up
- Nov. 25 – Stars