It’s time to vote and enter the give-away for this week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event. This week’s theme is Winter Landscape Quilts.
Give-Away from Vicki Welsh Hand Dyed Fabrics
It’s great to be back at the Quilting Gallery for the new Show and Tell events for 2013. I am so inspired by all of the entries each week and I’m so happy to be sponsoring the Winter Landscapes theme. Many of the fabrics I dye are designed with landscape quilts in mind. This is particularly true of my hand dyed gradient fabrics. Add some Stash Packs for appliqué and you have a great landscape quilt.
You can keep up with everything happening in my shop by subscribing to my free newsletter. As an added bonus, 3 newsletter subscribers win free hand dyed fabric each month.
The winners from the Quilters’ Show & Tell submissions and the give-away (below) will each receive their choice of a Stash Pack from my shop.
Give-Away for everyone to enter:
To enter the give-away, leave a comment below answering: What type of fabric makes you just want to run to the sewing room and start something new? Examples: hand dyes, batiks, 1930s, country, modern, etc. The winner from the comments will be selected randomly. You have until Monday, February 4, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. to enter the give-away.
This Week’s Quilts
Here are this week’s Challenge Quilts:
Please note: if you are viewing this post via email or your RSS reader, you’ll need to click through to the blog post to see the quilts and vote.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday to Monday, February 4, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. (EST)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos above and make a note of your favourites. You can select up to FOUR favourites this week.
- Below, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
- Blue Night (23%, 100 Votes)
- Owl in Winter (18%, 75 Votes)
- Icy Fun (14%, 60 Votes)
- First Snow (10%, 42 Votes)
- Winter Forest (9%, 39 Votes)
- Winter in My Dreams (9%, 39 Votes)
- First Winter Snow (9%, 39 Votes)
- Margaret Griffiths (9%, 37 Votes)
- 3 Trees (8%, 34 Votes)
- Marcy's Penguins (8%, 32 Votes)
- Autumn to Winter (7%, 31 Votes)
- First Impression (7%, 30 Votes)
- While In Vermont (7%, 29 Votes)
- Winter magic (6%, 25 Votes)
- Hot Chocolate (6%, 25 Votes)
- Snowfall (6%, 24 Votes)
- A Winter Snowscape (6%, 24 Votes)
- Winter Wonderland (Jan) (5%, 22 Votes)
- Mmmm, Maple Syrup Time (5%, 22 Votes)
- Cabin in the Woods (4%, 19 Votes)
- Finding the Right Tree (4%, 18 Votes)
- Vintage skiis (4%, 18 Votes)
- Aurora Borealis (4%, 16 Votes)
- A Lone Winter Tree (4%, 15 Votes)
- Glacier (3%, 14 Votes)
- My Holiday Dream (3%, 14 Votes)
- After the Harvest (3%, 13 Votes)
- Sweet Skating Sue (3%, 12 Votes)
- Snowdrops (3%, 11 Votes)
- White Birches (2%, 10 Votes)
- Log Cabin in the Snow (2%, 10 Votes)
- Christmas Visitors (2%, 10 Votes)
- A Winter View (2%, 9 Votes)
- Ring-Necked Pheasant (2%, 7 Votes)
- winter birches (1%, 6 Votes)
- Winter wonderland (Darlene Contadino) (1%, 5 Votes)
- Frosty... the snowman (1%, 4 Votes)
- Snow Globe (1%, 4 Votes)
- Winter Mystery (0%, 2 Votes)
- En Patufet (0%, 2 Votes)
- Silver Trees (0%, 2 Votes)
- Winter Angel (0%, 1 Votes)
- Water and Ice (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 426
Next Week’s Show & Tell
The theme for next week’s Quilters’ Show & Tell event is Commemorative Quilts. This could be a quilt that commemorates anything you like, such as an historical date, family member, special event, wedding, etc. It’s your choice how your quilt relates to the theme. Any quilting style is acceptable and unfinished quilts are welcome too.
Read the Rules and Guidelines and submit your photo before next Friday, February 8th, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. (EST).
Wanted: I need a sponsor for next week’s event. Contact me!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter the give-away below!