It’s voting time for this week’s Thanksgiving/Gratitude quilts. We have a small group of lovely quilts this week and you can vote for TWO favourites this weekend.
The winner will receive two copies of LoveBug Studios’ new book Notes & Doodles: A Die Cutting Sketchbook.
If you’ve entered an item in the contest, be sure to read the updated rules and guidelines page on inviting others to vote for your submission.
Now it’s time for you to vote for your favourites!
- Voting is open Friday – Monday, November 26th at 8 a.m. (EST)
- One vote per person (based on IP address NOT email address), so have your family and friends cast a ballot for their favourite quilt
- Winner announced Monday afternoon/evening
How to Vote:
- Review the photos and stories below… there are several, so you’ll need to scroll down to see them all. You can also click the link to the slider version to review the quilts in the large format and then return to this page to vote.
- Underneath the photos, scroll down, you’ll see the names of all the quilts with a square button** beside each one. Select the buttons for the quilts you want to vote for. You can select up to TWO favourites this week.
- Then scroll down, all the way, until you get to the bottom of the list of quilt names. Press the vote button.
** Note: If you don’t see the square buttons to vote, but instead see the voting results, that means someone on your IP Address already voted, or that the voting period has ended, or that you need to refresh the page to see the voting options. Shared IP addresses are very common in home or work networks.
- Total submissions: 8
- Total countries: 2
- Total provinces: 1
- Total states: 7
You can click on the photo to view a larger version.
By: I QUILT FOR FUN,
Blog: I QUILT FOR FUN
This is one of 12 monthly wallhangings from Nancy Halvorsen that I made for my sister’s housewarming gift. The “berries” are antique buttons from our grandmother’s button jar. This is one of my favorites and reminds me the importance of gratitude in my life!
Quilt size: width: 14" height: 14"
|Charlotte in the Pumpking Patch
By: M-R Charbonneau,
Blog: Quilt Matters
I love how pumpkins can come in different shapes and sizes (and colours!), and wanted to show some of that variety in a wallhanging for Thanksgiving (and Halloween). It’s quilted with pumpkins, cobwebs and leaves, hence the name Charlotte (Charlotte’s Web) in the Pumpkin Patch.
Quilt size: width: 19" height: 33"
By: Cheryl McLaughlin,
8 years ago, we spent time in Oct. & Nov. in S. Carolina. I missed the fall colors of home, so I made a fall themed wall hanging and Thanksgiving table runners. At least at my sewing table there, I was surrounded by fall colors! That runner always brings back pleasant memories of that trip.
Quilt size: width: 37" height: 13"
|Dresden Turkey Hanging
By: Nancy Myers,
Blog: Patchwork Breeze
I was trying the AccuCut at the quilt store. I cut some Dresden fan blades but wanted to sew something other than a fan. I made feathers, a yo-yo body and 3-D stuffed head. It is a small Thanksgiving wallhanging.
Quilt size: width: 17" height: 17"
|For These I Give thanks
By: Terry Anderson,
When I saw this pattern years ago from Bare Roots, I had to make it. I hired one of my daughters to do the embroidery and then I pieced and hand-quilted it. Now we take turns hanging in in our homes. We love it!
Quilt size: width: 22" height: 22"
By: Patricia Moffitt,
I wanted to use both of the panels in one wall hanging, but the only patterns were only for one, so I made my own arrangement. I always have liked this star pattern.
Quilt size: width: 63" height: 44"
By: Linda Douglas,
Thanksgiving Wall Hanging of autumn colors machine pieced and machined stitched,hand stitched and some applique work with free motion border finishes an attractive Thanksgiving Mini Quilt.
Quilt size: width: 26" height: 32"
|Off to the Pumpkin Patch
New York, USA
Blog: describe Happy
It all started with a call for entry for fall themed art display we will be putting together at work. I have had a pumpkin quilt in my head for a long time, so it seemed perfect. It’s a whole cloth quilt that has been quilted and then painted. A lot of firsts for me and I so enjoyed it!
Quilt size: width: 27" height: 21"
- For These I Give thanks (35%, 75 Votes)
- Give Thanks (33%, 70 Votes)
- Off to the Pumpkin Patch (25%, 54 Votes)
- Be Grateful (21%, 46 Votes)
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING (21%, 44 Votes)
- Dresden Turkey Hanging (14%, 31 Votes)
- Cheryl McLaughlin (11%, 24 Votes)
- Charlotte in the Pumpking Patch (8%, 18 Votes)
Total Voters: 214
Next Week’s Quilt Contest
The theme for next week’s quilt contest is Stars. You can submit quilts, wall hangings, table runners, etc. made with any technique (i.e. piecing, appliqué) as long as the item you enter represents the theme and is completely finished, i.e. quilted and bound.
To enter the weekly contest, read the rules and guidelines, then submit your photo by next Friday, November 30, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EST). Voting will start shortly thereafter and last until the following Monday, December 3, 2012 at 8:00 a.m. (EST).
Weekly Quilt Contest Links
- Submit your photo
- 2012 Themes, Winners & Sponsors
- Sponsor a contest – only one date left this year:
December 3 (Christmas Table Runners) – contest will be cancelled if there is no sponsor
Stay in touch ... Join my NEWSLETTER: