Beginner’s Quit-Along – Quilt Top Assembly

Beginner's Quilt-Along

Hi everyone! My apologies for being so late with today’s post … it is still Thursday. *sigh* One of those days/weeks when things definitely don’t go as planned. My brain is a little mushed right now, but hopefully this post makes sense. If I’ve missed anything, please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

The time has finally come to put our quilt blocks together. Below, I’ll be sharing how to assemble the straight layout, while Pat Sloan has put together an excellent tutorial for the on-point layout. She added a FUN twist with ric rac that I think it absolutely gorgeous. She surprised me too!

Pat Sloan QAL on point Final

If you’re new here, you can find all the info and links to the blocks on the Beginner’s QAL page. The tutorials will remain on this site indefinitely. I’ll also be putting together a PDF booklet that will be for sale toward the end of September. This booklet will include the block tutorials, beginner’s lessons & resources and recommended products.

Beginner’s Lesson and Block Tutorial

The beginner’s lessons and block tutorials for the Beginner’s Quilt-Along have been removed from this site and are now available for sale as a complete booklet.

Find out more about it here: Breezy Beginner’s Sampler Quilt.

cover-page_w

9 Responses to “Beginner’s Quit-Along – Quilt Top Assembly”

1. Gene Black says:

Yaay! I hope to have one of my quilts actually quilted in time to enter it.

2. Betsy Pinkerton says:

Same here Gene ! I have to do some traveling in the next 10 days so I’m hoping I can get my quilt top put together. This has been a great experience & I do believe I’m hooked!
    Looking forward to seeing all the finished quilts :-)

Betsy

3. crystal says:

Still working on my blocks, Having alot pain the last couple weeks in my shoulders. I have them all cut out finally and a little sewing done.

Maybe i will still make it to getting finished on time.

4. hafza says:

I am far behind…still have five blocks to complete before I can sew all together. Hopefully my sewing machine is ready by next week.

5. Melanie says:

I am behind as well, as I have had some issues going on here… and I started a new job yesterday… I hope to catch up soon…

6. Rumeysa says:

I wish I had made two sets of blocks, one for on-point layout and one for standard layout.

7. sandy says:

Hi Michele:
    Wondering when you are going to post the finishing instructions or should I just follow the instructions on the wonderful tutorial from Craftsy?

8. Clare says:

This is my first quilt, and I think I’m hooked too. I joined late, but I’m ALMOST caught up – just have to finish attaching the borders. Hope the finishing instructions get posted soon!

9. Clare says:

Are you really just going to leave me hanging here? I guess I can look up finishing directions somewhere else, but was hoping to finish my quilt with directions from here. Up till now, all the directions have been great. Please…..?